Balancing the earlier reviews of this property with the fairly consistently good ones that seem to have become the norm more recently, we decided to stay at H.I.Express Florida City on our way to the Keys; we're glad we did. We were pleased enough that, when we decided to stay in the area an additional day on our return from the Keys, there was no doubt that we'd choose this hotel. After two separate one-night stays, we will choose it again the next time we need accommodation in the area.
The property is very well-maintained; we observed none of the flaws reported in the early months of the hotel's opening, and, having read those reviews, we looked for them. We stayed in a room on the top floor on a night when the area experienced record rains, accompanied by high winds; we observed no leakage problems anywhere. The shoddy workmanship observed earlier must have been corrected in the interim, as we found no signs of it. Staff were consistently helpful and pleasant. Like others, we appreciated the wired, as opposed to wireless, internet access.
The one earlier complaint we found partly justified was that referring to the walls being inadequately sound-insulated; on our second stay we noticed, after muting a commercial on TV, a male voice coming through the wall. He was, apparently, talking loudly on a cell phone. He shouted, "Just call me," repeatedly. After a few minutes the noise stopped, but we note that it could be a problem in some circumstances. With that one exception, though, the hotel struck us as a quiet place, and we would not hesitate to return, or to recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn