Not the greatest Holiday Inn Express, but close to the keys. The general area around the Hotel is depressed and only venture to Walmart if you must have something, then run in quick, go in pairs and keep a close watch out of your surroundings. I am retired Law Enforcement and I was a bit nervous. You can go a few more miles down the road and be in a better part of town with a lot cleaner Walmarts. The hotel was clean for the most part, carpet is showing its age with stains. We got a room for three to use the pull out bed and what a nite-mare that is, the bed is only good for about a 5 year old. Then they actually tie the mattress to the frame so you can not take it off and lay on the floor where it would be 100% more comfortable. It is like they want you to be miserable with the bedframe bars sticking you in the back. I spent three nights on that pull out and it took several days to recover. I fully believe I would have done better on the floor. If you have three people, forget that pull out, being a sleeping bag for the floor. Better yet, spend $50 more and stay in the keys at a better hotel. The staff were very nice and friendly. I did ask if they had a mattress that I could just lay on the floor and was told that she would rig our room when she found out, she never did so that was poor customer service. I think that this hotel is used by people as a stop before the keys, and so people will probably not return so do they really need to go out of their way to please? Probably not. We made teh best of it but I'd advise not counting on that third bed if you need it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn