The reviews of this place smelling like mildew is correct. When I walked into the hotel room, it seemed damp to me. That said, the room seemed neat and clean and the breakfast was a usual "free hotel breakfast"...bagels, sausage, eggs, muffins. I had no complaints or problems of any kind. I stayed at this hotel coming from Key Largo because the prices are cheaper. But....Florida City is kind of dirty and unkept looking. If I hadn't already made reservations that were non-refundable, this is definitely a town I would avoid. But if you're visiting the Everglades you don't have many choices. The prices are also a little high considering it's not a very nice area. Out by the Dairy Queen there's a Courtyard and the area looks a little nicer. Beware of the cashless tolls that stung us on the Turnpike. All of that said, I wouldn't stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn