I chose this hotel because it was close to the kart racing track. It is on route 1, toward Key West, at the south end of Florida City.
We were on the first floor in a large quiet room with two queen beds. Newer bathroom with granite vanity top and tiles. Standard towels and toiletries. The room had musty smell, so they turned on the air-condition every day to 66F to remove it. We had to turn the heater on for the night.
The beds were a bit old and lumpy, so they placed feather bed on top of it, that actually helped. To protect the feather bed, they covered it with a noisy waterproof plastic-like cover (like the one we put on a crib under babies) that was hot and uncomfortable.
The room otherwise was clean, had a refrigerator, large flat tv, etc.
The hot breakfast was included. The lady who took care of the breakfast area, was very nice, kind and kept the area well supplied and very clean.
The reception area looked pleasant, check in was fast.
The carpet in the hallway was old and worn.
They have a large pool, but no jacuzzi. Since it was winter and relatively cold, we didn't use it. Jacuzzi would have been nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn