I stayed one night in this hotel. Although I always stay at IHG brand hotels (5-6 different ones in just the past month and a half) and have been a Priority Club Member for almost 8 years, if I had the need to stay in Florida City I would definitely not stay here. I stayed in this location for less than 12 hours, I just needed a good nights sleep before driving home. That I did not get. The bed and pillows are very uncomfortable and seemed quite old. Once I was able to fall asleep, I was woken around 2 a.m. because my headboard was rattling due to the people in the next room having sex. I could clearly hear everything that went on in the room beside me. Once they finally decided to give it a rest, I could hear them snoring as if they were in the same room with me. While it is not the fault of HIE that they people in the next room wanted to enjoy themselves, I do fault them for VERY thin walls....
My toilet also leaked and the halls were dingy and in desperately need of remodeling. While the room itself was fine (except for the thin walls), the refrigerator had to be unplugged because of a constant rattle.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn