We stopped here before driving to the Keys. The hotel is clean and seems recently updated. It smells like mold, though. It must be in the air conditioning system, because it was cool at night, we turned off our room air conditioner and didn't smell it anymore. We smelled it everywhere else. Even our hair smelled like mold when we drove away. The pool lights didn't work - the desk clerk said they had a power outage 2 nights ago and the pool lights hadn't worked since. The typical Florida bugs were present at the pool but not unusual or terrible. Breakfast was typical for HI Ex these days - eggs & sausage taste like plastic, but if you know what to eat and what to avoid it gets you on the road. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant is especially friendly and nice. The beds were comfortable (on the soft side). Overall, it is a good value but they really need the air conditioning system checked because it smells like granny's basement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn