Southern Comfort RV Resort
Quality Inn Florida City(Florida City)(Great Value!)
$65
Fairway Inn Florida City(Florida City)(Great Value!)
$59
Home2.com
$64
$54
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $60/night.

$75
$67
Travelocity
Best Western Gateway To The Keys(Florida City)(Great Value!)
$77
$72
Travelocity
Coral Roc Motel(Florida City)
$49
  • Pool
$65
$60
Cancelon
All reviewsrv parknice poolpermanentsrigfloridaeverglades
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here, for 4 months. Stored our vehicles, jet ski and trailer, enclosed Motorcycle trailer, their for 4 yrs.
Jet ski and trailer were stolen May 7th. also broke into our encosed trailer and stole our new Generator still in the box. No security. Management did not care. Lot's of other people have been robbed as well, boats, golf carts, etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank DJ C
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The campsites were EXTREMELY tight - we actually had to back our 5th wheel out of our spot (and could only do that because the guy behind us moved his truck) because the roads are so narrow they're hard to drive through pulling a large trailer. The sites are not turned at an angle but are straight so that makes navigation even harder. There is no place to park your truck/car either. The tiki bar was very loud Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights so would suggest, if possible, to get a spot farther away and it might be a tad quieter. The staff was not especially friendly; I sometimes felt like I was bothering them when I came into the office. However, we set our propane tank beside our camper while we ran an errand and when we returned (in less than 1/2 hour), it had already been filled. That was very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dianna U
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband works at Turkey Point so we have experience with other RV "resorts" in the area. I have to say that this one is one of the worst - You can definitely get a lot more for the money in this area. We chose to stay here because they were the ONLY place in this area (up to an hour away) that had RV lots left.
Although I like the idea that the guys can go out and have a few drinks at the tiki bar without having to drive anywhere, it's probably the only thing I like about the place. I do have to say from experience, the tiki bar used to be loud late into the night, but it doesn't seem like they are having bands play anymore since I haven't heard any music. I do know from experience that they USED to have music and karaoke that was really loud.
The spaces are EXTREMELY tight. You look out your trailer or RV's window to see another one a couple of feet away. We are literally 2 feet from the rear of another trailer.
There is little to no room for parking. I get nervous parking inches away from another trailer and am even more nervous about someone else parking so close to ours! I have heard our neighbor hit our trailer with their truck door a few times already. A lot of the time people have to park partially on our lot which leaves no room for our two vehicles.
The roads within the park are one lane and are not one way. Most of these people drive big trucks to tow their trailers with and they do not fit easily down the roads. The only way you could get two vehicles down the roads is if you're driving golf carts! If someone else is coming down the road, you have to back up back into your space, wait for them to pass, and cross your fingers that another vehicle doesn't come down the street before you can get out.
Also, the free wi-fi gives no signal and we are only one road away from the office. I get a better signal from the Ramada down the road.
There was a reviewer on here (dmul and delaney_8 seem to be the same person) that reviewed the same thing twice, "If you're not having fun, it's your own fault." This is a pretty idiotic statement. I thought we were reviewing an RV park. Not a place to have fun. If you want to have fun at the tiki bar, or the pool, that's fine, but an RV Resort is a place to live and feel comfortable, not just to have fun.

Room Tip: I you have to stay here, try and get a corner lot. They have more room to move and backing your rig into one of the corner spots is a lot easier. Plus, you'd have a better chance of getting the "right of way" on the tiny roads.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank WeldersWife
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The entire site was very cramped. Didn't feel like the office staff were helpful or friendly. Too far away from good restaurants and shopping. Everglades good for nature buffs but not very interesting if planning just a drive through

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank ChefAK
Reviewed March 15, 2011

For the past 3 years we have stayed at Southern Comfort RV Resort for the Nascar Championship weekend - the tiki bar is loud well into am hours - the pool had a band there and ws so loud we couldn't even hear each other talk. When we checked in they talked us into depositing $100 for 2011 Nascar Championship weekend so we did-stupid move on our part - we acn't go this year and Southern Comfort told me they don't refund the deposit for this weekend - they only do this for people that stay months at a time - they took me for $100 so I will never stay there again - they have gotten over $300 from us each year over the past 3 years and will not get another penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple