“Good, but needs a few more toilets!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Everglades International Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florida City
Everglades International Hostel
You added Everglades International Hostel to your Saves list
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good, but needs a few more toilets!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel, and it was extremely friendly with a good crowd of people guesting in the place. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable, and I can even recommend the Tex Mex place over the road. It was the best we had in our three week stay in the South.

Our private room was really tidy and well presented, and the general lay out of the hostel in general was decent. The only reason I gave this 3 stars is that in the morning I couldn't find a bathroom. The place wasn't that busy yet every door was locked when I came to brush my teeth and use the loo! If this is how it is in low-season, how must it be when the place is rocking? A must-stay if you're in low season but unless there were some other toilets I missed I can't imagine it's must fun once the rooms are full and the yard crammed with campers. It was also quite expensive for a hostel and could do with some competition.

Room Tip: If you get a private do clarify whether you get exclusive use of nearby toilets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank neurotictraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hostel with super comfy dorm room. It is near the entrance of everglade park. However, you should have a car or buy a package tour to visit there. I did not drive but I shared a ride with another guest of the hostel. On the way back, I used public transportation to reach fort lauderdale airport which was not tough at all. The bus stop to metrorail is 1 min walk. The dorm room is just like your room in your house, very very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank AomAmm
Temple Terrace, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I just cancelled my reservation due to a change in travel plans. I was prepared to lose my non-refundable payment for the night. Instead, I get an email with a credit for 1 year.

I have yet to stay here and already I am a fan. Customer service is non-existent anymore, so when it gets served out unexpectedly like this, I am compelled to spread the word.

Can't wait to visit soon!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ctrever23
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were coming back from key West to Miami and stopped randomly to find a place to stay for one night so it was a chance that we found the hostel. It turned out to be a little paradise with a beautiful garden, a waterfall pool, trees to climb, hammocks and more... We discovered something new and exciting with every step. The check out was at 12.00 but we were allowed to stay in the garden as much as we wanted and although we had other plans we decided to have a longer rest in this little paradise. The staff are very friendly, open minded and so kind! A very down to earth place. We had a private double room which was comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend the place. I wish we could stay longer, I am sure it's a great place to meet some amazing people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

While writting, I am still in that lovely, big garden with all it's charming places, tables and couchs, hammocks, tree house, etc. It's a little paradise in the middle of otherwise ugly Florida City. I would love to stay a couple of days longer, jump in that natural pool and enjoy the garden a bit longer.

Anyway, the room itself - double room with shared bathroom - was clean, bright, with good AC and a comfortable bed.
There is a fully equiped kitchen to use, and excellent coffee in the morning.

The hostel is a good starting place for Everglade trips, and also very close to John Pennekamp Coral Reef Park for snorkeling. Therefore, skip the boring, overpriced Key Largo Hotels and stay here - it's far better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monika G
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The best hostel I've ever been! Great staff, beautifull garden, fully equiped kitchen open 24/7 and low price. Everglades hostel have something magicly, the atmosphere is amazing. Close to Everglades, close to Miami and Florida Keys. I love this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The atmosphere is amazing. The hostel itself is an attraction to see. There is a waterfall, a tree house, and hammocks. You could get lost in the backyard. The accommodations are clean and spacious. The staff is incredible. They are friendly and conscientious. They create a welcoming environment. The rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable. Everything is very clean and professionally run. Environmentally conscious environment/atmosphere. Camping is available in the backyard. Would highly recommend if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms available first if you want different options. You are able to set up a tent in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
#6 of 12 in Florida City
4.0 of 5 stars 786 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead

Been to Everglades International Hostel? Share your experiences!