“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Everglades International Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florida City
Everglades International Hostel
You added Everglades International Hostel to your Saves list
Temple Terrace, Florida
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I just cancelled my reservation due to a change in travel plans. I was prepared to lose my non-refundable payment for the night. Instead, I get an email with a credit for 1 year.

I have yet to stay here and already I am a fan. Customer service is non-existent anymore, so when it gets served out unexpectedly like this, I am compelled to spread the word.

Can't wait to visit soon!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ctrever23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were coming back from key West to Miami and stopped randomly to find a place to stay for one night so it was a chance that we found the hostel. It turned out to be a little paradise with a beautiful garden, a waterfall pool, trees to climb, hammocks and more... We discovered something new and exciting with every step. The check out was at 12.00 but we were allowed to stay in the garden as much as we wanted and although we had other plans we decided to have a longer rest in this little paradise. The staff are very friendly, open minded and so kind! A very down to earth place. We had a private double room which was comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend the place. I wish we could stay longer, I am sure it's a great place to meet some amazing people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

While writting, I am still in that lovely, big garden with all it's charming places, tables and couchs, hammocks, tree house, etc. It's a little paradise in the middle of otherwise ugly Florida City. I would love to stay a couple of days longer, jump in that natural pool and enjoy the garden a bit longer.

Anyway, the room itself - double room with shared bathroom - was clean, bright, with good AC and a comfortable bed.
There is a fully equiped kitchen to use, and excellent coffee in the morning.

The hostel is a good starting place for Everglade trips, and also very close to John Pennekamp Coral Reef Park for snorkeling. Therefore, skip the boring, overpriced Key Largo Hotels and stay here - it's far better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monika G
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The best hostel I've ever been! Great staff, beautifull garden, fully equiped kitchen open 24/7 and low price. Everglades hostel have something magicly, the atmosphere is amazing. Close to Everglades, close to Miami and Florida Keys. I love this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The atmosphere is amazing. The hostel itself is an attraction to see. There is a waterfall, a tree house, and hammocks. You could get lost in the backyard. The accommodations are clean and spacious. The staff is incredible. They are friendly and conscientious. They create a welcoming environment. The rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable. Everything is very clean and professionally run. Environmentally conscious environment/atmosphere. Camping is available in the backyard. Would highly recommend if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms available first if you want different options. You are able to set up a tent in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked a private room for two days, and ended up with booking for a third day. The energy here is just so right. The garden, the friendly and easy going people who run it, the facilities, including the many tours to the Everglades you can book, and the guests it apparently attracts; I would not know of a better place to stay in South Florida than this hostel. Thanks Shelly, Ron, Dave and everyone else there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in a private room, it was very comfortable, clean and quiet. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I took a day tour and this was also excellent and great value for money. I only wish I had stayed longer so I could have more time to relax in the fantastic backyard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Everglades Intl H, Owner at Everglades International Hostel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for review! We love it when people enjoy their time here. We put our heart and soul into this little place. Sometimes it shines!...Come back again, Owhnn and Crew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
#6 of 12 in Florida City
4.0 of 5 stars 803 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead

Been to Everglades International Hostel? Share your experiences!