“Everglades tour is awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florida City
Everglades International Hostel
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The eight hour tour was a blast and we learned a lot. Chris was a fun and knowledgeable guide who helped us spot lots of wildlife. We kayaked through the mangroves in the morning (gators!) had a picnic lunch (provided) at Flamingo, waded through a cypress grove in the afternoon (more gators!) and ended the day on the Anhinga Trail (too many gators to count!)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean S
There are newer reviews for Everglades International Hostel

Reviewed February 25, 2013

As far as Hostels go. It's only the second one I've ever stayed in but it was fun. We called the day we needed 3 beds and got a private room at half off. Very friendly staff, well supplied kitchen, coffee and make your own pancakes included. Very clean. Great outdoor areas for eating and mingling.

Room Tip: We called the day we needed 3 beds and they gave us a room with 3 bunkbeds to ourselves. Was very qu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in the Denby small cottage across the alley from the Hostel. The cottage was equipped with a king bed, newly renovated large bathroom, sink, microwave, coffee maker and wifi for $125/night. There were both indoor (enclosed porch) and outdoor sitting areas. The only downside was the ceiling clearance - not great for anyone over 6'3. You could be as communal with the hostel dwellers as you wanted (or not). We made pancakes at the hostel both mornings and were not disturbed by any noise from the hostel yard. The big plus was the canoe rental for $30/day, which we brought to the Everglades. The staff also directed us to good food in the area. The downside was the location, which while being close to the park is still quite far and in a poorer neighbourhood. However, we would probably stay there again on our next Everglades visit.

Room Tip: The Nenby small was great for a couple wanting complete privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miss_wanderluster
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hostel is what they should be. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this one really surprised me. First off we weren't sure if we should stay cause it was $18 per person to pitch a tent in their backyard. It would be nice of they would charge per tent plus a fee per person but they backyard it a trip! I spent a couple of hours taking pictures there, and more the next morning between self-serve pancakes and awesome people. They have beautiful trees, a big round gazebo-type thing, a good kitchen to use, a fridge, books, GOOD DUB-STEP. Yeah, this place is nice. BTW southern Florida is very expensive and the price is acceptable for a hostel. They even made a waterfall where I went for a swim in the morning. Trips to the everglades are possible and rangers in the park actually recommend them as a tours and rentals place. Kudos to Everglades and this hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a perfect location for for exploreing south florida,if you are into fishing the local water's abound with a varitey of fish.I caught at least ten diferent species in the week i spent there,on my last day I went to Biscayne Bay.Fishing was slow ,I was ready to head back when I spotted Ashley a fellow resident at the Hostel,we were talking while drifting in or kayak's,I took a cast into the channel and hooked a sea monster,it pulled my boat about two hundred yard's into a stiff headwind,after about twenty minutes,the line snapped.Never did see what I hooked,my new photographer and winded I paddeled back too the secret spot,.I took a few more cast's,holy moley ! I got another one.This one did the same ,headed up wind for a long way's turned right into the shallow's,after another twenty minutes It was fifty feet from the boat I was opptomistic I might see this one,,it start's to surface along comes a big old shark,a big splash, slack line.Back to the spot,a few cast's later I got another one,same routine the fish head's upwind turn's then makes a U turn and head's out into the bay.After about one half hour and half a mile out I finely land this one,a ten pound Jack.Ashley been eating cambel's soup for day's and want's to barbque the fish back at the hostel which we did using firewood supplied by Dlyan a young staff member.With the help of guest's and staff we ate the whole thing.To all you traveler's the Everglades Hostel is a great place,,beatiful people,helpful staff,awsome live entertainment at great price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place represents superb value for money on any stopover to the Everglades or Keys. You have to accept that you get what you pay for so don't expect to be waited on or have a king bed with en suite and ocean view !
What you get do get are great location, lovely grounds and clean facilities.
One warning, if staying in a dormitory, take earplugs and a sense of humor...especially if you end up sharing with a snorer !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'd never stayed in a hostel before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but if more hostels are like this one, then why ever stay at a hotel?

My husband and I stayed in the private "Water" room (about $70/night) with a shared bath upstairs. The room had light colored sheets that were super clean and the room smelled like it had just been mopped (and looked like it). It felt like were were staying with a close friend. The weather was warm although it was October, but the A/C worked great and the shower had good pressure. But the room wasn't the reason I loved this place. Honestly, getting to make breakfast and cook dinner and then eat at the huge communal table outside amid all the lush greenery with the other travelers and more permanent residents was my favorite part of staying here. We met the coolest people and really enjoyed the beautiful outside area with the screened in gazebo and all of the hammocks. It was also great that we could rent a canoe RIGHT there and head out the next morning for the everglades.
Definitely start your everglades trip here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#6 of 12 in Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#5 of 14 in Homestead

Been to Everglades International Hostel? Share your experiences!