“Great job Jeremy Bishop”

Tours in the Glades
More attraction details
Owner description: We like to say that Everglades City may have the name but we have everything else! Located in Florida City just 10 miles from the main entrance of the Everglades National Park. Tours in the Glades offers Guided Everglades Tours of all kinds. Full Day Tours, Morning Tours, Afternoon Tours and Night Walks. Sightseeing, Paddling with canoes or kayaks. Wet Walks or "Slough Slogs" as the locals say in the Cypress Domes. Alligator Watching, Bird watching and more.We also offer canoe rentals and all the info for a self guided tour. The national park service chose the East Coast for the main entrance for its unique opportunity to see 9 eco-systems in one day. We have 7 canoe trails from marine estuaries in Florida Bay to old moonshiner trails in the red mangrove. 6 biking trails through the Rock Pineland, Dwarf Cypress and sloughs and coastal marsh prairies. Hiking trails and easy boardwalks, overlooks and paved trails make a great day for all types of adventurers!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had the best day kayaking the mangroves, exploring the Ahinga trail and slogging through the marsh with Jeremy Bishop. Jeremy is knowledgeable and competent and we felt safe and cared for all day with each activity. The pick-up and drop-off at the Hostel, the transportation, the logistics of hauling kayaks and lunch were a flawless operation. I especially liked the stop at the fruit stand for those smoothies. Mmmm Good.

1  Thank Teresa W

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We booked a rental canoe online to take to the Everglades and paddle nine mile pond. The booking was confirmed by email.

When we arrived at the hostel the next morning, the lady we spoke to said that she was new, and didn't know how to do canoe rentals, but her boss would be with us shortly. I gave this lady my iPad so she had the booking reference number.

After waiting about ten minutes, and asking if we were in the right place, another lady came out of the back office. The two ladies faffed about for another ten minutes or so, by which time it was becoming obvious that our chances of a canoe were getting slimmer by the minute! I asked what the problem was, and the second lady told us that they were really short staffed, she had to go to the doctor, and she was really sorry. She seemed to be out of it.

I asked for a refund, she said that my card hadn't been billed, and we left.

Hiring a canoe for a day would seem to be a fairly simple transaction, but quite beyond the capabilities of this business. This is my first 'terrible' review, and I hope my last!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at the Everglades International Hostel end of December and we decided to go for the Full Day tour in the Everglades! Our guide was Jeremy and he was amazing ! Even though the weather was not the best, we had so much fun walking in the cypress dome and kayaking through the mangroves. We saw couple of alligators and a lot of wildlife (herons, owls etc). Jeremy is very nice and fun, he would always make sure you are safe and he is very knowledgeable about the area! We highly recommend this tour ! :)

1  Thank Constance F
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Everglades national park was closed because of the gov shut down in oct but I could still do a tour in an environment similar to the everglades so I don't feel like I missed out :). It was really fun, a small intimate group which was good for my first kayaking trip because I was a bit nervous! We Kayaked through the mangroves and then out into some open water (it was a bay or something I think), saw some fishes, star fish, sponges but no crocs! Really disappointed that the park was closed but this was a good alternative. Karen the guide actually usually does tours in the national park so she was SUPER knowledgeable about the aqua life and nature. Recommend if you thought you couldn't see the 'real' everglades with the park closures!

2  Thank 24RuthC