“Good Blackened fish!”

Captain's Restaurant and seafood market
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Captain's Restaurant and Seafood Market is officially closed. We would like to thank the patrons from near and far for all the great reviews,the average reviews and the not so good ones. Happy Trails
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was next door to our motel and we were tired and did not want to drive. We were pleasantly surprised with the food and friendly service and the price. The blackened tilapia over a Greek salad was excellent. I had a fish taco and although unlike the fish tacos I had in California it was good. The decor was basic but the service good. We would eat there again if we were in Florida City.

1  Thank BJH1936

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A short distance from our motel, this restaurant offers good quality seafood at a reasonable price. Good size portions and very friendly, efficient service.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great food. The hog fish filet was outstanding. The desserts are far more that one person can eat. Terri

2  Thank terri c
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Like the reviewer below I laughed later about the photo of the white porch and nice tables. Captain's is located inside a room that looks like one of those rooms that your motel uses to serve its free breakfasts. But there's art on the walls. And it's right across the street or near several motels, which is super convenient. Pluses: when they cook seafood, it's excellent. My wife loved her shrimp - thought it tasted super "fresh"- and i ordered the walnut-crusted snapper that sue m recommended, and it was darn good. The down sides: they skimp on sauces. My wife's shrimp sandwich was supposed to have a sauce, but it was pretty minimal. My Caesar salad had some dressing brushed on maybe a half dozen pieces of lettuce. And service was inconsistent: we watched several people who arrived later get served before us, before we were presented with the wrong meal. I suspect some of the meals turn out fine for most guests, but we are in no rush to return.

2  Thank TheBlitz
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Don't know about that photo of the white porch with elegant tables. They don't exist!

However, we went based on some people's recommendation while we were in Everglades NP. Very happy we went. Inside was noisy so we opted for the outside porch (see visitor photo above). Service was very good. Menu was full of yummy options making it difficult to decide. Wife had raw oysters on half shell and I had conch chowder (spicy) and both were good. I ordered the seafood creole and there was enough food for three! Wife had the walnut crusted snapper and was happy. Too full to have dessert - maybe next time.

1  Thank nhraven