“Diarrhea”

Add it.
House of Subs Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have been here a handful of times, and every time previous the food was delicious. Today my husband, 4 yr old son, and I went and picked up some sandwiches that did not look good at all. I was very surprised at the change in quality. We took our food to go, and I ate most of 1/2 of my sandwich, as did my husband, with our son sharing with us. We went into a clothing store and 20-30 minutes later all rushed off with diarrhea.

I called immediately after to the shop, explaining what happened. The person who answered the phone said we had to come in. As we had the remnants of our lunch I was happy to take it back. I went in and was told, the manager was coming over. While I waited, the employee sprayed Windex all over, which smelled awful. Then two managers came in, only to tell me there was nothing they could do and they would take my info for the GM to contact me. I was very disappointed and not at all pleased with this response. I work at a 4 star resort and any hint of displeasure from a F&B client is resolved to the client's satisfaction immediately.

I will never go back, and I would not recommend it, at least today. If your meat looks a bit slimy and grey, don't eat it!!! Yuk!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

House of Subs is a stand alone in the deli business. The meats are cut fresh ---subs made to order. I read about it in a best of Florida magazine and it is a favorite. I have to stop in everytime I'm in town. Locals apprently also agree. One guy in line in front of me said.."You know what I'm having." A little hard to find, but it is great. Pull in like you are going to Sonny's BBQ.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Wow! This place is great. We found it on our way to Key West from Miami. It is just off the turnpike in Florida City just in front of Wal-Mart. The subs were great. The bread was amazing. We really liked the olive spread. It costs a little more to add to your sub, but it really added a lot to the sandwich.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I live in Florida City and this is the best deli in town. Get the HOS and order it "hostile". Their pepper relish is awesome. Great sweet tea.

Reviewed November 20, 2008

the place look good the service is great they have the best subs in town