Whale Watch Motel
Topaz Hotel / Motel(Flagler Beach)
$119
Beach Front Motel(Flagler Beach)
$99
A1A Motel(Flagler Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast(Palm Coast)(Great Value!)
$91
HIExpress.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Coast(Palm Coast)(Great Value!)
$101
$89
Hampton.com
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast(Palm Coast)(Great Value!)
$98
GardenInn.com
$67
Flagler Beach Motel(Flagler Beach)
TripAdvisor
Bulow RV Resort(Flagler Beach)
TripAdvisor
Suites on the Beach(Flagler Beach)
All reviewsold floridaacross the streetdog biscuitsextra sheetslaid backswimming pooltwo lane roadroom was clean and comfortablegreat place to staylove this placebike weekfull kitchenhome away from homedaytona beachpatriciacottagemotel
Reviewed September 29, 2010

This place is literally a dump. Old air conditioners and washer and dryer along with other trash litters the grounds. Roaches and spiders is our cottage. We checked out early and the owners charged us an extra day. Owner told me he had only mowed the grounds once all year and this was September. Would never recommend. Such a shame since it could be nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doglover076
WhaleWatchMotel, Owner at Whale Watch Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Shame on you. You are vindictive because you were charged an extra day. Your room was "Hospital" clean, and you had no roaches, or spiders, or anything. Funny we've never had a problem before you. Glad we Flea treat the carpets, so your dogs didn't affect our future guests.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I wanted to spend our 29th aniversary at a quite place by the beach. We found the Whale Watch Motel. It was a nice clean cottage and the beach was beautiful and quiet. We arrived at about 3pm, unpacked, checked the beach out then drove an hour north to Saint Petersburg to look around. When we got back to the hotel, the power was out. we sat outside until dark. One of the other people staying there told us there was a pole down and that's why the power is out. Should be back on in 40 minutes. We went inside and sat in the dark (very hot inside but cooler than outside) and heat until 11:00 p.m. No one checked on us, no lights, no air conditioning. My husband has sleep apnia and has to sleep with his machiene. It became very hot inside the cottage and we decided that since we did not know when the power was going to come back on, and my husband needs his apnia hooked up or he won't be able to sleep, we should head back home. We packed up using a mini flashlight we had on our key chain while packing up we heard something in the kitchen and spotted 2 very large cockroaches (YIKES) that;s it we are going home.

We never used anything in the cottage except the futon to sit on in the dark. We had a 2 and 1/2 hour drive home. I called the owner the next day and told her about my husband's condition and that we decided to leave because he would not be able to sleep without electricity. I did not mention the cockroaches.

Now I see on my card that we are being charged $143.00 for ? I could see charging us the $99.00 for the night if they had to even though we did not spend the night, but what is the $143.00 for? The power going off along with my husbands medical condition was the reason we had to leave.The cockroaches closed the deal. It really ruined our 29th aniversary sincewe have not done anything like this since our 10th aniversary.

A large hotel would have had a power back up. None of this was our fault yet they are charging us cancellation fees and one night stay. I did not think this was the right thing to do to us under the circumstances. Nice place, NICE people but did not like that we were charged full price and penalties for something we did not end up using.

We are just disapointed with the entire event and it ruined our 29 aniversary.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shelby58

We are very sorry for the inconvenience of a power loss. This was a Florida Power and Light issueI I don't think a high rise resort could do better, but maybe they could?! But you knew this was "old Florida". We do have battery backed up system for people w/sleep apnia, but you chose not to even visit the front desk. You never even talked to us about the posibility that power would come back on, etc.
Shame on you for talking about "Roaches" as you know we are "hospital" clean. I am the owner of the property, and I get on my hands and knees and use Clorox Cleanup with Bleach, and use paper towel, and your room is "hos[ital" clean. You were only charged for the following day, not your entire stay. Shame on you for your accusations. My lawyer says that you are liable if our room rates fall.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

My family and I have been spending our summer vacation at Whale Watch Motel for the past 5 years. We drive from Canada to stay at this incredibly beautiful place.

This place offers everything...the only things you need are your clothes and food for your table and if you're not into cooking there are plenty of local restaurants.

I can't think of another place where I want to get up before the sun rises just so I can watch it come up on the horizon...the peace and quiet...watching dolphin swim.

The owners, Barry and Patricia, go the extra mile providing anything that is possible for their customers.

The place may look a little rough but it is spotlessly clean!! That is far more important to me than a beautiful hulk of a building with stained mattresses and mildewy bathrooms.

If you're into long check-in lines, noise or finding that elusive spot on the beach then this place is not for you!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JVB
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My family and I stayed during the July 4th holiday, we could not ask for anymore. Our room was clean, the beach was private and quite, this was a very relaxing time for all.
The owners went above and beyond to make sure we had all that we needed. We will be returning for another visit.

R. Terrell

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

In another review the owner commented this isn't the Holiday Inn and if that is what you are looking for then look elsewhere, but if you are looking for some place on the beach in an area that is not overly commercialized; this will work nicely. This is the ideal place to bring the dogs if you are looking to travel with them. A lot of area to walk them and quiet enough to not have them jumping up to bark at every sound outside.

Place is a little run down, but the owners are very pleasant and even offered a hand unloading our luggage and very accepting of our large dogs. They even offered chairs, and beach towels. Bed was comfy. A/C is a little noisey, but you get used to it. Free wireless is a nice bonus.

Basically we wanted a place where we could take our dogs to the beach for once and not pay a fortune and we accomplished both here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple