“I love this place! Dog friendly!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Whale Watch Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagler Beach
Whale Watch Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
“I love this place! Dog friendly!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed with my 20lb dog. They placed a folded towel on the bed w 2 milk bones on it for him! They use old towels as "dog towels" since a lot of customers bring their dogs. The beach is dog friendly, just keep them on a leash if there are other ppl on the beach.

The community is serious about recycling, so be sure to place recycleables in the provided blue bin!

The cleanliness was good. Not way perfect because this place is a locally owned motel. The only thing "dirty" was that there was a little rust here n there. The motel is literally right next to the beach (my room had an ocean view), so being so close to the saltiness you would expect a little rust!!

Owners are sooooo nice and helpful!! I always try to stay there. The local ppl in the Flagler Beach community are very nice.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Widgetsnm05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

The Whale Watch Motel is a very nice clean motel. This was our second time staying there and both stays were very good. They keep the rooms very clean. The owners are willing to help with anything they can. I will say that if you are use to staying at the pack-em in chain hotels you may not like it here, but if you like the small mom & pop drive up motels you will enjoy it here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jrhill01
flager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

we were greeted by one of the owners, patricia, and due to a last minute cancellation she let us choose our own room. the room was very clean, plenty of drawer space and quiet, parking in front of our room was no problem even they were full for the weekend. the carpet was clean enough to go barefoot (can't say that about too many beachfront motels). we took the owners advise, no cell phone, no computer etc. and plenty of old florida to explore. i left some personal property behind and barry took care of getting it sent to us with no problem. we will defiantly stay there again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FlagerRick
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I love the Whale Watch Hotel. WE have stayed four or five times. We have stayed in the cottages and the rooms. They are quaint and very charming. i love the mom and pop feel to it .We take two large dogs every year and Barry and Patricia remember this and leave dog biscuits for them and sheets because they know one dog sleeps with us. The beach is beautiful a.nd I have seen baby sea turtles the last two tears in a row and watched them scurry down into the ocean.Its very peaceful and calming at the whale .Watch and I always hate to leave theyre. Barry and Patricia are nice people I think the WhaleWatch is like a peice of heaven on earth. Jamie and Diana Carlson Auggie and Molly .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Auggie77
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

The first place you pull up to is the office. Old unpainted broken siding with an older broken unsightly porch around it. Be careful going up the stairs they don't look very safe. One end peak of the place is falling down. The pool is very dirty with sand and I'm not sure why they would have LARGE weeds around the pool for a tropical look.

Could not get on the internet. They say they have it, but I could not get on.

There are ant hills everywhere, watch where you step. The rooms are old but very clean. I did see some roaches while I was watching TV. Don't get me wrong, it is clean but not worth the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank rustyson
Deltona, fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

I admit when my husband and I pulled into the drive - we had doubts. The place looked a bit run down and could use some nice landscaping. But when we walked into our room it was apparent they take excellent care of the interior. It was nice and clean. All we had to do was walk acx the street and there was the beach. Since it was their slow season Barry & Pat advised us we could check in early and check out late! What other motel/hotel does that?? Needless to say we will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smilefor_u
Duluth, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

This place is literally a dump. Old air conditioners and washer and dryer along with other trash litters the grounds. Roaches and spiders is our cottage. We checked out early and the owners charged us an extra day. Owner told me he had only mowed the grounds once all year and this was September. Would never recommend. Such a shame since it could be nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doglover076
WhaleWatchMotel, Owner at Whale Watch Motel, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Shame on you. You are vindictive because you were charged an extra day. Your room was "Hospital" clean, and you had no roaches, or spiders, or anything. Funny we've never had a problem before you. Glad we Flea treat the carpets, so your dogs didn't affect our future guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flagler Beach
#10 of 12 in Flagler Beach
A1A Motel
A1A Motel
#5 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Whale Watch Motel? Share your experiences!