“Beautiful room, great location, wonderful treatment!!”

Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach
Ranked #3 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 7, 2009

My husband and I went here for a much needed weekend away and we had a wonderful time. As great as the pictures are on their website it looks even better in person. When we first walked in our room we were blown away with the simple elegance and romantic ambience of it all. The owners, Toni and Mark, were so nice; they truly want all their guests to have the best experience possible while staying at their b & b and they go out of their way to add extra touches and surprises for you during your stay. My husband and I wish we could have stayed longer and we will definitely be going back in the future. If you are looking for a great place to stay with elegance and romance look no further, you have found it!!!

Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Island Cottage Inn during the Daytona 500. It was our aniversary, Valentine's day and my husband's birthday. Island Cottage was everything the website promises! Our suite (we stayed in the St. Croix) was spacious and elegant with a view of the ocean. When we arrived, Toni had flowers and fresh spring water in our room. There were even rose petals sprinkled around the spa tub! Toni gave us the VIP treatment at a local restaurant and as well as in the on site Cafe'. When we returned to our suite after a glorious day in St. Augustine (another tip from Toni), we were greeted by a bottle of great wine, candy, candle light and flowers, along with a card from Toni and Mark wishing us a happy aniversary. Breakfast every morning was delicious. I wish I had some of that wonderful carmel pecan french toast now...! We had a wonderful stay! Very special place with truly special owners. We will be back!!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2009

We chose this inn based on the reviews we read on Trip Advisor. This was our first bed and breakfast experience so we were not sure what to expect. We were celebrating our one year anniversary so we wanted it to be special. After being greeted upon our arrival by Toni and Mark, our gracious hosts, we knew we had made the right choice! We stayed in the Bonaire room. It is the smallest room, at the inn, but we didn't mind because we found it to be cozy. The weather did not always cooperate with us so the fireplace added a nice touch to the romantic weekend. Breakfast each morning was out of this world. My husband loved the never ending supply of home made cookies that were available all day. We had the couples' 2 1/4 hours massage which was heavenly. The inn was also in a good location, right between St. Augustine and Daytona which gave us the opportunity to visit both places during our stay and not feel like we had driven all day long. Thank you, Toni and Mark for making our anniversary a truly memorable one. We can't wait to come back and see you and your staff next year!

Reviewed January 9, 2009

I am a perfectionist, and usully when I stay somewhere I am a little to critical of even the smallest of things. This Inn however had impressed me to the point that I thouhgt it was to good to be true. If you are looking for an absolutely "to die for" place that is gorgeous, spotless, comfortable and completely and totally romantic, this Inn has it all. You can't book a lovelier place. The rooms have a view of the morning sunrise. The Innkeeper prepares meals that will knock you out. The rooms have everything in them that scream romance and comfort. I had taken a look at some of the other rooms there and I was taken aback by how amazing they all were. I had a hard time choosing which one to stay in the next time we come to Florida. We spent the day at their private beach. I went for a glorious run along miles of beautiful ocean. We spent one day at Epcot, then one day in St . Augustine. We dined one evening at The Chart House in Daytona Beach. The Inn in centrally located to many things. I spent a lovely few hours reading my book next to the pool in its pretty setting and also got a chance to meditate by the peaceful gardens near the spa that they have. It was so inviting.
I highly reccomentd it and will come again.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I've stayed at several B&B's and I can truly say that Toni and Mark have THE BEST B&B I've ever been to! The level of service, attention to every single detail, cleanliness and overall beauty of this property is incredible! And the FOOD...absolutely wonderful! The breakfast is an experience in and of itself, not to mention the home made cookies each day! The pictures do not do the property justice. It is warm and inviting atmosphere, very romantic and the most friendly inn keepers I've met. They treat their patrons like family! If you are looking for something special, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 3, 2008

This was a wonderful getaway spot, very peaceful and relaxing! The owners and property are charming and very personable. I would recommend this getaway without a doubt !!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 3, 2008

My husband and I only had one night to get away for our 6th anniversary (it's a bit hard to find arrangements for our 2 children). Granted the Island cottage is only about 25 minutes from our home, it felt like we went away to a relaxing paradise for the night. The room was the most beautiful we have stayed in, we frequent B&B's ( we stayed in the Barbados villa). We had also decided at the last minute to stay and have the 6 course dinner they offer at the Tropical Breeze Cafe on Saturday nights. We were a bit hesitant due to the pricing, but we were so happy to have stayed for it. Toni is a masterful cook, and Mark was a wonderful host. All in all we will be making our way back there one day soon. If you need a getaway, even if it is just for the night, this is the place to go!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Flagler Beach
Suites on the Beach
Suites on the Beach
#7 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach? Share your experiences!