“Hit or Miss”

Fuego Del Mar
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning food, directly on the Atlantic ocean. Property features 2 levels of dining, and over 100 tequilas. We feature great specials and excellent wine pairings. Fresh, local and organic ingredients. Season fresh fish and certified angus beef. Enjoy Fuego Del Mar for lunch, dinner or drinks with friends. Come to the fire.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were excited to see a new restaurant in Flagler Beach. The location and view are spectacular. The meals, however, were uneven. The ceviche was fantastically fresh and the chicken eggrolls were great. The quality deteriorated from there. My husband had a chicken with mole dish that seemed more mole than chicken. My fish tacos were rather lackluster and served lukewarm (surprising, since the owner is the genius behind A1A Burrito Works). I would hope that in time, this restaurant will adjust its operations and become another mainstay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Attentive service. Interesting menu, although the one I was given was disgusting because it had old food smeared on it. They seem to still be working out the kinks. But all in all, we enjoyed our visit. The live music was a definite plus! We will wait awhile & then try it again.

Flaglerfoods, Owner at Fuego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

That's funny, in a non sarcastic way. I'm not a genius, I just like tacos. What I am doing at Fuego is trying to give Flagler beach some culinary culture, this is not easy. Those fish tacos are marinated in a fresh herb blend grilled and served with oven braised cabbage, and a fresh mango chutney. I agree it is hard to compete with the original fish taco that we brought to Flagler at Burrito Works, however, all master pieces take time.
Thanks for your compliments and critiques.
Nicolas

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

1st time, a little timid at first from the lack of a crowd such as was passed by at Finn's... But WHAT A TREAT! The FOOD was fresh-made and really tasty, the DRINKS were good and reasonably priced, and our BARTENDER was very cordial and attentive... of coarse, the ocean view and breezes were expected! We'll definitely be back again...

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped for lunch while taking a scenic drive and LOVED this place. Ashley was the bartender on the second level deck and made a great margarita. From there we had Shrimp Ceviche and Fish Tacos, absolutely delicious! I will definitely recommend and return to this restaurant!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

After reading other reviews we were skeptical but wanted to try for ourselves. Baja Eggrolls, Ancho Shrimp Tacos and Chicken Enchilada were very tasty. Service was spot on and view from the top deck beautiful. We will be coming back! We'll be trying the Mexican Shrimp and Grits next time.