“Nice Beach-Front Dining”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Located on the ocean side overlooking the pier with great view, & free parking for patrons.. Very good, sincere, friendly & helpful service -- from the hostess greeting to the servers -- & nice menu selections... My friend ordered the fish tacos which were plentiful & delicious.. However, the luncheon caesar salad with shrimp was skimpy & would have been better if more on plate for the price!.. Also, would have been nice if rolls or bread were served w/the soup & salads.. Overall, the atmosphere is great & there is a nice outside beach deck if you don't mind dining outside during the hot Fla. summer! Definitely will return soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Fourth visit this time just lunch with a girlfriend. We sat on bar area inside because so hot that day. Other sections were filled with groups and very noisy. I agree with another reviewer on the pear salad I had had at dinner previously but the lunch is very sparse and the greens were too wilted ordered with grilled chicken friend had fish haddock. Good thing about tacos also is haddock choice. Don't order anything with talaria or swai. I definitely will come back again

1  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stopped in to the FP a few weeks ago for a quick lunch. I had a pear salad and an ice tea. The service was good but the salad was small with very few greens. It definitely was not worth its high price. Over the 4th of July, while most people were enjoying the food from the street vendors, I decided to give the FP another shot. The restaurant was not busy at all. This time my daughter and I ordered medium rare burgers, which arrived way overcooked. Also, the shrimp we ordered was not cleaned. I personally would prefer not to see the shrimp's intestinal tract. Good service, great views and that's all.

3  Thank SeafoodMama
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Places that are convenient to the center of activity aren't always the best, but think again when it comes to the Funky Pelican. Young and old have a great time with great service. We really like Keirsten. She's fun and light hearted as well as very helpful. We love Wednesdays Happy Hour all night and special hot wing night. Many flavors to choose. The value is good and the food is very good. You can't beat the ambiance and the place is fun indoors or out. Always clean and well maintained. Wish they had some outdoor music but then it's hard to please everyone. You can always listen to the ocean and watch the beach goers.

2  Thank TennisMan1
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We decided to finally try the Funky Pelican and I am glad we did. The way they have restored the pier restaurant is wonderful. The views are incredible and if its your first visit to Flagler Beach this should be in your top must do dinner spots. The servers are very nice as well leaving the food and out of our party of three everyone one enjoyed our choices. The only down grade was that they used frozen veggies instead of fresh which just did not fit the rest of the experience. Frozen yucky veggies beside a delicious fresh piece of fish doesn't make sense.