“You can't beat the view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Funky Pelican

Funky Pelican
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Coast, Florida
“You can't beat the view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Yesterday evening my brother and I decided, at the last minute, to meet for dinner at the Funky Pelican. He had been there before, this was my first visit. I heard that there would be a satellite launch from Cape Canaveral, about 100 miles south of Flagler Beach so a spot on the beach sounded like a good idea. The location is about perfect, right next to the Flagler Pier overlooking the surf and beach. The menu prices are reasonable and the service was excellent. I was greeted by the server within a minute of seating who promptly asked what we would like to drink and told us about the nights specialty. I had the fried scallops. They were very good with a very thin layer of breading, the way I prefer, and served with french fries and cole slaw. It was the right amount of food for a reasonable price. My brother had the jambalaya which he thoroughly enjoyed. We sat inside but you still have excellent views of the ocean in three directions. After dinner we sat on a bench on the pier and were treated to a great view of the rocket launch and a beautiful sun set. We will definitely be going back to the Funky Pelican.

Emmaus Pa
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Had the Lobster Shrimp Roll. It was packed with lobster and shrimp. Very tasty. Travelling partner had the scallop platter which was great. We were travelling with dogs and had to do take out. I went placed order and within 10 mins it was ready to go. Inside looked nice and they had a nice deck overlooking the beach and ocean. Staff were pleasant.

JACKSONVILLE
“Beautiful view and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

My second time to visit this restaurant. Took a friend of mine visiting from out of state...wonderful outdoor seating with a view of the ocean. The meal was very good with recommendations from our server-who was also excellent. Will definitely go back again.

st augustine
“great food and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have eaten at this ocean front restaurant many times over the years. the new name and building restoration have done wonders. I took my wife for mothers day arriving about 3pm. the dining room was very busy but not full. the staff were very pleasant and the food was there in minutes. our meals were hot, well presented. and very good. tables were freshly wiped and seats were crumb free. the view has always been great and still is even with the expansion for outside seating. wash rooms were also clean. go and enjoy.

Faversham
“Scenic and Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were a party of four, and went on a Friday night for dinner. It looks like a tourist trap, but don't be fooled. Happy to wait for a table outside, we had drinks in the outdoor bar and enjoyed spectacular views of the beach. Good selection of beers and cocktails. Fun, buzzy atmosphere, with all kinds of people, and a very relaxed vibe. When we were finally shown our table we were right on the edge with a great view. Dinner was very good - we had a selection of small plates of things - the alligator, hot wings and delicious fresh fish tacos. Its hard not to have a good time given the fantastic location, the ocean and sky above, and the friendly service and we drank some excellent Cupcake Moscato. It is always busy here, and you can see why - don't be put off by the silly name!

• Visited April 2014