“Funky, fresh and bright!”
Review of Funky Pelican

Funky Pelican
Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Flagler Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The new restaurant has a beautiful deck and big windows letting in lots of light and allows for a beautiful view of the ocean. I had shrimp and grits for breakfast, they were delicious! My son's egg Benedict were overcooked but his meal was good nonetheless. We plan to return for dinner...great atmosphere! Well done, Flagler beach!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Most of the other places around we're closed due to renovations so we went to the pier. The lunch special was a Philly cheese steak. We had two and a plate of the Pelicans onion rings with a beer each. Walked out full, happy and looking toward to going back. Going the back way from Tomoka State Park it is apx. 20 min. away.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ate here while visiting my family friend in late June. I loved the outside seating and the view of the beach and pier. However, beware that pesky birds are flying everywhere which made me feel nervous they would snatch up my food. The selection of food was pretty varied and they had a lot of seafood, fried and grilled, and some tex-mex options as well. I decided to go with fried shrimp to be safe. They seemed alright to me. However, a few hours later I became very sick and ended up being sick for the next day or so. My friend also ate one of my shrimps and got sick about 2 days later. Can't say 100% that this food made me sick but considering I was living in very close quarters and the only ones who got sick was my friend and I who both ate shrimp here got sick, I have to be suspicious. Needless to say, to stay on the safe side, I will probably not return here.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Reuben was very good, the initial coffee was cold and old and that's enough to turn me off for good. Similar thing occurred with the Java Joint. Previous visit here was a carrot cake delight and warmer coffee. If they don't care about the coffee drinker they should succeed.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wish we had found it sooner. Food was really good and prices very reasonable. Enjoyed beach side seating. A gem hidden on the coast.