“Will be back!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a restaurant owner, I tend to be a little more critical than the average guest. But, I must say...the Funky Pelican impressed me! Went for lunch with a friend. First time for us both. Walked in to a wonderful, smiling welcome. The place is what I would call "Funky Rustic with a twist". Interesting wood displays throughout...community seating in the middle of the restaurant, which is great for large groups. The server, Beau, was very knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. I ordered a salad in a taco shell with several requests (no bean salsa, tails off the shrimp, ranch dressing on side AND cocktail sauce with extra horseradish) WHEW! Well, Beau brought my meal to me FLAWLESS! He actually paid attention and got the order right! Also, told him I like a lot of lemons in my iced tea and he placed 5 around the rim of my glass...now THAT'S SERVICE! The view is spectacular and the prices very reasonable! I noticed they have my favorite seafood dish, Pealla! I will bring my husband back this weekend to try it. Give it a try. It's only about 3 months new! I wish them GREAT success and did I mention I traveled about 30 miles to get there and I will do it again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sitting right on the pier in Flagler Beach you overlook the ocean. Nice weather? Eat outside. Food is average, prices slightly high, but what you're actually paying for is the ambience. Staff is friendly. Nice variety of food. Full service bar.

1  Thank fivebz1grl
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time we've visited Funky Pelican and were pleasantly surprised by the service and the meal. The first time we visited we were less than pleased but the place had opened about 4 weeks prior to our visit. Yesterday, my wife and I decided to go for Sunday breakfast around 10am. The place was full of patrons and many were sitting on the outdoor deck overlooking the ocean. We decided to sit inside next to the window. Service was very good and the breakfast was fresh and good. We shared one extra large meal (can't remember what it's called) but it had 2 eggs, toast, sausage, ham, bacon and 2 pancakes. Too much for one person to consume and for under $11 (not including coffees) it's a bargain. Will definitely return again but next time we'll try lunch (again) and hope it's as good as breakfast.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a party of 16 for lunch and we had a great time. The only complaint I have is at the end, none of our checks were correct. We told the waitress in advance that we were on separate tabs and told her who was with who, but I guess that still wasn't enough information. I actually had 3 tabs because I started at one table, but then moved to sit at anther. Instead of combining my tabs, she kept my tab at the other table open. Then I had a tab for my meal at the new table, and the tab of the person I was with even though I told her we were together.... hense - 3 debit charges. It was ridiculous! It took us about 30 minutes to check out.

The view being right on the pier doesn't get any better. The food was fantastic - several of us had the "Fish Mac" - a big mac made with haddock filets - it was so good I ate the whole thing and the sandwich is massive! I will be back for the atmosphere and the food, but I guess I'll stay away from brining large groups with me. I'm glad to see the Pier open again!

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go here with my wife and her brother and our son for lunch. We sat outside as it was a beautiful day out. We ordered our drinks and food and it was ran to us in a timely manner, bit anything outside of the norm like needing a new drink because flies were all over tje outside of the glass stuck on the sweat of tje dronk amd floating on the top. Then between waiting for a new drink we are rushing to eat as these flies are eating us as well! Trying to get our check was a hassle as we couldnt leave fast enough with these bugs tearing us up. I went inside with the baby looking obviously flustered and there was no help offered as we tried getting anyones attention for our check. My wife and brother waited for the check outside and as my wife finished paying she came inside all red, blotchy and swollen. These flies must have somethong to do with the fishing maybe? We never had this problem sitting outdoors on any of the beachfront restaurants. Needless to say yes we could eat inside next time, but the burger, and fried fish sandwich wasnt good enough to bring is back to do so. The wings, possibly.

Jess P, Guest Relations Manager at Funky Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We are so very sorry for your experience. We have informed the management and the staff of your comments and apologize for the flies. We will look into the issue in more detail. Please email us at funkypelicanflagler@gmail.com if you would like to discuss in more detail and we can make sure your next visit is perfect!