“Great view of the ocean”
Review of Funky Pelican

Funky Pelican
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went on a Thursday for lunch and it was packed.Mom and I decided to eat on the back deck at the bar.We had a great time.We met several vacationing couples ,visiting from all over.We found it very relaxing and you can't beat the view.We shared a cheddar brisket burger with fries and Broccoli slaw. The burger was great and we were glad we shared because the portion was large.Staff was very friendly .Definitely worth checking it out.

1  Thank sharcon

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just had lunch at the new Funky Pelican at Flagler Beach Pier. The place was crowded (for a Wednesday noon), yet the service was excellent, food was very good and the atmosphere was friendly. You can't beat the view -- right on the beautiful ocean! A great place to go for lunch. Will try dinner next time.

1  Thank marilyn_eddy
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to this new place after they opened by just 2 days. Did not expect great service as this was usual for newly opened places. Had my wife and 2 adult children, they wanted to sit on the beach deck outside the back of this place. It was night and somewhat chilly, but the accommodated our request, despite the hostess telling us it was closed due to weather and lighting. Their is a bar outside and very little lighting, but we got a table and no one knew they were to serve us. They thought we were just drinking. So we waited some time to get menus. Waited longer to have someone take our order, and had our server switched 4 times during our meal. Needless to say, our food arrived after 40 minutes and our meal came before our appetizer. A manager came to our table and said she was sorry for the confusion, but offered nothing more than the apology. Food was tasty, but not that hot when it arrived. We did not complain as it was pretty good, and given the circumstances we decided we would give the place another try next month. The location is GREAT and the food good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

went for lunch, all four of us thought the food was too dry and we all had different dishes; had to ask for additional condiments/sauces to make the food tastier; food was slow in coming out and my dish was not hot when it arrived. I had the blackened haddock sandwich, which only had seasonings on the middle part of fillet. The seasonal vegetables, however, were very good. Since this restaurant just opened will give it another chance, but they need to improve on flavor, temperature, and speed of food served. the view is great, but that depends on where you are sitting, not all seating has great views.

Ray B, Owner at Funky Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for coming in to the restaurant and your review. We will pass these comments along to our staff and management and use them to improve. As stated previously, we are very new and are working very hard to deliver the best service and excellent food! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to breakfast with a childhood friend. I had the traditional flappers plus added sausage. She had the Frittata of the Moment which is changed and baked fresh daily. Our food was excellent. The regular coffee was super strong which my friend loved but too strong for me so I switched to decaf which was yummy good. Price of breakfast menu items run from reasonable and on up in cost. Our waitress Ann was wonderful and very attentive. We lucked out and were seated in a booth in the northeast section of the restaurant which afforded us a lovely view of the ocean. These booths are on a raised platform so you can gaze upon the ocean without looking through fellow diners seated at tables below you. Great idea. The decor is very tactile, subdued, and innovative. My friend and I liked that choice of decoration. The only things I did not like was the taste of the iced water and the lack of acoustics but they were not deal breakers. I will definitely return....

1  Thank sweetgrits1950