“Another great spot in Flagler”
Review of By The Sea Cafe

By The Sea Cafe
Ranked #16 of 78 Restaurants in Flagler Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 9, 2013

By the Sea Cafe on A1A has great BBQ and a delicious Mahi salad. We didn't know you couldn't get a beer at lunch. I guess we could have brought our own. So call first to ask about that situation. The ice tea was a good substitute. Great view and service.

2  Thank arcmac
There are newer reviews for By The Sea Cafe

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We decided to have lunch at the cafe and we were very glad we stopped by. The view was great, dolphins swam by and the breeze off the ocean was perfect. We had sandwiches that were tasty and just enough to not feel stuffed. The dinner menu looks great and we will be back.

2  Thank bizbach
Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's nice to be able to enjoy the ocean view for breakfast or lunch. Terrific food, strong coffee, nice friendly service. You can't go wrong. I return to this cafe for most of my breakfasts when I vacation in Flagler Beach twice a year.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

As I was driving by on A1A in Flagler Beach, I happened to hear a radio ad for By the Sea Cafe. I had tried it for lunch a couple years ago and was not wowed, but they are now open for dinner and the steaks and kabobs sounded good. It is a little, wooden and stone place with an eclectic interior sitting a bit back from A1A and apparently part of a B&B. When I arrived, the only other customers were just leaving - so I had the place to myself and choice of seating. I chose to sit at a picnic table in a semi-open porch area byond the main dining room - it is rustic, with brick flooring, stone walls, and wooden louvers as windows - my table had a wonderful view of the ocean. My waitress was friendly and helpful, suggesting the double baked potato to accompany my choice of sirloin kabobs, a tossed salad with yummy dressing and a warm wheat loaf with honey butter. Wow. The kabobs were the usual sirloin, onion, mushroom, pepper skewers, but the marinade was terrific and they were done on the grill perfectly. The potato had bacon and feta cheese melted throughout - wonderful flavor. I did not have room to try dessert and coffee (I took one kabob and the potato skin home for lunch the next day), but it was tempting to try whatever it was that the baker brought freshly made in a cake carrier through to the kitchen.
They are only open for dinner Thursday, Friday and Sundays for now. I will be returning soon with my sister for her birthday dinner. She is a steak and potato person & I know she will love it.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff and owners are wonderful people who enjoy their jobs and will do anything to help make your experience better. The food is wonderful, great for small groups or a quiet dinner with a friend or loved one! Their dinner and dessert are nothing short of perfection!!!