“I LOVE YOU TURTLE SHACK”
Review of Turtle Shack Cafe

Turtle Shack Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I LOVE YOU TURTLE SHACK”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

WOW - talk about a great place, FOOD - AMAZING, SERVICE - AMAZING... Live Music - AMAZING.

Try the Burger - Holy Burger it's good !!

Palm Coast, Florida
“Simply Disappointed!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After reading all of the reviews, we like so many others selected this choice with the anticipation of having a great dining experience. Well, suffice to say that did not happen. Without going into great detail we tried this establishment on 2 occasions and were disappointed both times. The service we received was far less than the reviews indicated. In fact it was if they were bothered that we were even there. I might want to point out that both dining experiences were for lunch. Maybe the dinner treatment is better. The herald burgers that are claimed to be the best were just ok. Then to further the less than stellar experience was the pricing for lunch was significantly higher than other establishments in Flagler Beach.
Hopefully, if you decide to go you will have a better experience.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank our20th
US East Coast
“Great food, great view, wonderful owners!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

There are several restaurants on Flagler Beach that have a great view and Turtle Shack is one of them but they also have great consistent food and the owners Danny and Andrea pay great attention to detail and customer service. First off they have a great selection of beer and wine. I usually get their crabcakes but my husband raves about their burgers so I got a skinny burger this time, well it was far from skinny, I still couldn't finish it and it was unbelievable. We also got the tuna app, always good. The place is cozy, inviting and the staff is friendly and helpful. Danny and Andrea run the place and do a terrific job. They are willing to do whatever it takes to please their customers. We will be back again and again.

Fayetteville, Georgia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were looking for a place for seafood right our condo on the Cinnamon Beach area of Palm Coast and Flagler Beach. I looked on Tripadvisor and found this place with the highest rank. So my family and I decided to give this place a try. We were very disappointed. The food was okay. I had their award winning Maryland crab cake(that is what they called it). I was okay, but it needed some salt, and the bottom was a little overcooked. It was suppose to come with mash potoatoes and veggies. Both needed more salt, and they only brought out broccoli as my veggies. Thankfully I love broccoli. I would have given this place a 4, but the service and and atmosphere made me drop it to a 1, bit since the food was okay, I will give it a 2. The service wasn't very great. Our waitress was okay, but she got distracted with a check for another party that was behind us. She took a long time with them, and didn't really come back to check on us. We asked to ask a other servers to go find her. Speaking of the party behind us, they have to do with the atmosphere. They really ruined our experience for us. They talked loudly for awhile, and wouldn't quit. They probably wouldn't quit because they all had beers! As for the positive, you get a good view of the ocean and A1A, that would be the only positive thing about this place. So we were not impressed. It's definitely a shame, with a place like this with a high rank, and you get this kind of experience. I don't usually visit Flagler Beach, but if I return, I will definitely not make a stop here again. There are better places around Flagler. You're better off spending your money somewhere else. So I would not eat here if I were you.

1 Thank Caleb J
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome view and food. What a combo.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I picked this restaurant from other reviewers and they did not steer us wrong. Had a great seat outside looking at A1A. I had the fish tacos...excellent choice...and my hubbie ordered ahi tuna...an even better choice. Perfectly rare and delicious. We didn't order the burgers but saw a couple come out. The group that ordered them said they were quite tasty.

The waiter sat down and chatted for a few minutes as they weren't too busy. Got a handle on Flagler Beach. Would return to this charming restaurant again. Food, service, view, value all excellent.

• Visited June 2013