“a hidden gem”
Review of The Big Easy Cafe - CLOSED

The Big Easy Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A New Orleans style eatery serving Cajun & Creole fare. Great friendly service, reasonable prices, very adequate portions. We offer beer & wine. Open for Dinner till 8pm on Friday only. Reservations Recommended. Beignets offered on the patio on Friday & Saturday from 8am-11am.
florida
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

found this 3 year old taste of NOLA on a side
st in Flagler while walking to the friday farmers market
The owner was serving coffee & beignets. He seemed so enthused about his menu
we decided to go back for dinner.Jambalaya & red beans &rice
both well done, not too spicy.shared a bread pudding. delicious.
lots of pecans
nice bourbon splash.whipped cream.
Next time we order two!

• Visited May 2013

Palm Coast, Florida
“Taste of New Orleans”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a small family owned restaurant. The food is great and reminds me of meals I had in New Orleans. On out last visit my wife ordered a half Muffaletta sandwich and I ordered the New Orleans Shrimp Wrap. The Muffaletta was enough for two so we brought half half. My wrap was absolutely great, I added hot sauce to spice it up. The owners do not add a lot of "heat" to the meals so it is good all, if you want heat add some hot sauce as I did. This place is worth a visit, in fact many visits.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Stewart S
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Great find!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stumled on this while at the farmer's market on a Friday in Flagler - lucky find. Small but authentic. My bud who is cajun through and through loved everything. Tables are small but so what. Coffe and beignets, red beans and rice and decent wine. Try it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Becker1
Pittsburg
“Great seafood gumbo”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We found this place by accident by browsing the web. This place is only open for lunch on weekdays (except for Monday), but does lot's business on Friday and Sat evenings in conjunction with the Flagler farmer market. We stayed in Ormond Beach, but the15 min drive up A1A to Flager Beach is a great scenic drive. Go out of the pier and watch all the surfers. Be sure and try to the Beignets for desert. I had the seafood gumbo and would recc. it to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Warren W
HAWORTH
“NEW ORLEANS EXPERIENCE IN FLAGLER BEACH”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband, dad and I dined there last Friday night. The restaurant menu was extensive and offered a variety of entrees.I had the seafood gumbo with fresh shrimp and CRABMEAT and rice. It was spiced perfectly. My husband had shrimp in a wrap which he greatly enjoyed. My dad had a sandwich that was filled and so ample. The fresh homemade tea was delicious.The pecan bread pudding was superb.Both servers were so nice and helpful. We enjoyed chatting with them.We all enjoyed our meal and will return. We plan to try the beignets with coffee on a Friday morning.

• Visited April 2013