“Good Italian by accident”
Review of Guiseppe's - CLOSED

Guiseppe's
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We found this place because another restaurant we wanted to go to was not appropriate for my 2 little girls. It was late and this place was not very busy, so we tried it on a whim (I didn't even check trip advisor!).

We got salad, pizza, and a variety of pasta dishes, all better than most Italian establishments I have visited. The food was reasonably priced and the staff was small and accommodating. It would be an excellent place for even a romantic night out. I recommend the pizza - homemade everything and good.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have only had our place in the area for about a year or so, but it seems that the restaurant market here is pretty competitive. We noticed this weekend, for example, that there are 4 to 5 Italian restaurants out of about 38 restaurants in tiny Flagler Beach. And the reviews of the restaurants are sometimes pretty nitpicky and wierd. Like the ones that give really low ratings because a restaurant has no WiFi and also talk about how great the food and service was.

So we decided to pick our favorite Italian restaurant and Guiseppe's got the nod. We have had many meals at Guiseppe's, both eat-in and take-out. They have a wide selection of pasta dishes that are hot and delicious. My favorites are spaghetti with meat sauce and chicken marsala with mushrooms. Their pizzas are fantastic. I like their Supreme with lots of tomato sauce and plenty of meat and veggies with onions. Their beer is ice cold and yummy. Aside from the really delicious food, the people who work there are genuinely friendly and really aim to please customers. We really like this restaurant. I think you will too.

5  Thank rwaites
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stopped for quick lunch on the way back from the beach. Enjoyed the pizza, chicken parm sub was also good. Woman who waited on us was extremely friendly, looked like the owner maybe. Would go there again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This little place has a quick serve counter, and a buffet. I haven't had the buffet, but the pizza is great. I tried a bite of a friend's slice, it had spinach and white sauce, I don't know what it was, but it was delicious! Every time we grab a quick pizza for dinner, it is great.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went for lunch yesterday, hubby had the buffet which he liked enough but it wasn't very warm, and everything was covered in sauces that looked the way congealed trans fat looks when it's cold and gooey. yum. :\ I had the greek salad with "grilled chicken." It took much too long to half-microwave sliced, precooked rubbery slabs of what I surely hope was chicken. It came out looking steamy but was cold when I bit into it? so weird. The feta cheese was a lump on top, and the dressing was sparse. Had to get oil & vinegar from the buffet line to finish the salad. Also, the unsweet tea was sent back. Nasty... but they did remove it from the $28 bill. Oh yes, $28 for one lunch buffet and a salad with chicken - but that's including the $4.50 tip ALREADY added into the bill. I mean, we'd leave that anyway, but to automatically add it for a table of 2? For a self-serve buffet and a 20 minute wait for salad? Rude.
The WORST part?! I told my friend where I went for lunch and she said her daughter had worked there & quit (along with several other kids) because the owner was majorly shorting them on their pay each week! One foolishly stayed until he was owed over $300! NEVER AGAIN! I only wish I had known this sooner!! Avoid this place until it stops stiffing its employees! No wonder they're always hiring!! >:-(