“Beware--the view is not worth it” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beverly Beach Camptown Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagler Beach
Beverly Beach Camptown Resort
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beware--the view is not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I should have heeded the trip advisor warnings...

The Weather Channel's 30% chance of rain turned into a tropical storm, tornado warnings, 50 knot winds, and a power outage. We left two days early for the safety of our family.

When I asked for a refund or credit for the two nights I was then made aware that the campground offers neither. The only reference to this policy is on the receipt after they run your credit card. The no refund policy is not published on the web-site, or in the rules and regulations handout, and is not told to you up front when booking or checking in.

I addressed my issues to the manager who was unwilling to help. I asked to speak with someone who could address my issues and I was referred to the campground owner, Mr. Patel.

Mr. Patel is a late fifties, 5'4" Indian fellow who says he has owned the campground for 32 years. Upon addressing my issues with him and asking for a credit for the nights he completely lost his mind. This guy through out weird incoherent analogies, stormed back of forth waving his hands saying "this is America -- I can run my business they way i want", he told me he did not have time for me and to go away -- at one point he said he was going to unzip his pants -- that's when I stopped him and asked him if he was a business owner or a thug. I was amazed. It was a scene. I watched Mr. Patel's little show drinking my coffee and laughing. When I thought he was done I asked him if he had seen his trip advisor reviews. He followed me out of the office yelling "see...the business is working!!!" as he pointed to his quarter-full campground.

Mr. Patel has overestimated the value of the view. Small RV spots will lead to crowding when/if this place gets full, the breeze blows sewer stench throughout the campground, and the beach is small, steep, and un-kept. In addition, the sea wall provides a significant drop -- not good for kids.

If you are looking at staying at Flagler Beach -- try Gamble Rogers State Park -- better yet -- stay at Bryn Mawr in St. Augustine.

Mr. Patel is exercising poor business practice and clearly should not be dealing with customers. This is the first and last time we will stay at Beverly Beach Camptown. Mr. Patel does not deserve our money...or yours.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank pjoepondo
, Owner at Beverly Beach Camptown Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thanks to all our guests who review their experiences at Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort. We try very hard to please everyone and have rules which allow campers to have pleasant neighbors and an enjoyable time. Our staff and management take suggestions seriously and are always working to improve both our property and our services. Our three camping options include the Elite oceanfront sites, directly on the beach, with the highest rates;our Premier oceanview sites which are 100' from the beach; and the most economical sites, which are in our Camper's Village, west of A1A and 300' from the ocean. Camper's Village sites measure a minimum of 25' x 70' and have additional parking. The rates for Elite and Premier sites are guaranteed for 2012; the rates may vary for Camper's Village, depending on what specials we are offering. Our reservations specialists are happy to help with the choice of the best rate for your stay. Confirmations are sent by e-mail or US mail. Come stay with us on the beach!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Buyer beware! The RV's are sandwiched in like sardines...not even enough room to put your awning full out without impeding on and or touching your neighbors camper! Our picnic table was sitting on top of our neighbors sewer hose (I wish I could post the graphic picture here, but it will not upload!) with nowhere to move it to, as our camper was backed all the way in as far as it could go! We did not stay ocean front and by the time all the campers packed there way in across the street, you could not see through at all...nor could you get through their campsites to the only way to gain beach access down the stairs of the sea wall! Then their was the problem of the NOISE! WE have a family with children!!! It is great to party but at 2 in the morning when the music is STILL blaring and you can't get the kids to sleep...it becomes a really bad mini-vacation for mom! Very disturbing. What a waste of money and a long weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Susan G

Travelers are raving about these Flagler Beach hotels

Palm Coast, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I am real disappointed in the way you treated your customers during a trying time. I understand you cannot control the weather but your unaccommodating attitude is unacceptable. I did not want a refund, just to reschedule the time we are not using. I was also disappointed that there were no Memorial day activities planned as usual and I find this disrespectful to military men and women who served and died for this country, maybe this has to do alot with the ownership of this place of business. I know I will never be back, I can assure you you are not the only campground on the beach in Florida. I am also sharing this with the BBB and the local media.
Disappointed Customer,
Anthony Grego

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Anthony G
Frankford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Prices have increased tremendously...This campsite was never great, the only thing going for it was the Ocean and sadly now that is not even worth the huge price increase. You will place your RV on a parking lot with one Palm Tree, you may face another persons waste hose, the bathrooms are ok, the laundry is ok...the owner is rude and argumentative, even his wonderful staff cannot compensate for the awful change to this place. We will not be back. We had been coming for 5 years

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Fred H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this now to support those longtime friends who will not return to what once was our very best winter and summer vacation spot, Beverly Beach Camptown. Absolute greed has blinded the owner. During our 8 day stay which was supposed to be 2 months he raised rates 4 times and changed rules daily. He could care less and we finally left. We had been in the same spot both winter and summer for 12 years. Many, many will not return.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank 49thfs
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

After staying here for several years & having a great time, meeting new friends, with a beautiful view, this year was a vacation from h---!!! When we got there they wanted $400.00 more than the e-mail stated. After arguing with Sid, having him point his finger in my face saying he had prime property he is the owner & he will charge what he wants. We will never be back.
Even after we got home he is trying to charge our credit card more. Lying about everything.'
How him or his so called manager Sarah can sleep at night is beyon me.
Not even a view of the ocean is worth this kind of treatment!!!!

Room Tip: Many other campgrounds are more reasonable & good management.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank JerryIllinois
Arnold, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We have been coming to Beverly Beach Campground for 5 years but will not be back as long as it is under the same management. Prices increased substantially without notice. Long standing practices of prorating campers that were in residence at least a month were not honored this year. We had planned to "play the game" next year and come for 3 months but have decided to cancel and go elsewhere. Management (Syd) is argumentive about anything we tried to tell him; saying that it is a "priviledge" to be at BB; that the front row is the "cadillac row" and only daily rates will apply; only people staying longer than 3 months can receive monthly rates. The only ammenties are bathrooms, laundry that closes for cleaning on different times, and dumpsters that overflow. He is not a man of his word and we object to being treated like second-class citizens. Office staff tries their best and their efforts. But management does not believe in customer service at all and,worse, is not a man of his word. If you have a complaint, his response is to "get out"! We are one of thirty familes that always ed stay long term but will not be back. It is not about the money, never has been, it is being treated like second class citizens that are beneath him! Marilyn R.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Palm Coast
Flagler Beach Motel
Flagler Beach Motel
#4 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Beverly Beach Camptown Resort? Share your experiences!