“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maggie's European Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Maggie's European Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Please note that Maggie's European bakery & cafe has been sold and no longer exists.
Palm Coast, Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My daughters and I love Maggies cafe! It is soooo pretty! And what a view of the water!!! Close dining, I love that!!! The food was wonderful and the prices were fair, which we need! Loved it!!! Go, you will enj0y!!!

• Visited May 2014

Ocala, Florida
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped in for a coffee and pastries to go. The place doesn't look like much from the outside, but definitely worth a visit inside. Everything was delicious and freshly made. It is like eating at your grandma's. Very cozy and quaint. Would visit again. We agreed they have the best scones we have ever tasted.

• Visited June 2014
palm coast
“Maggie is far from being rude”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We were there on Sunday with 3 friends and had a delightful breakfast with stunning views of the ocean and a staff that did all they could to please you. It is a tiny place and seating can be an issue if the place is packed. But the wait, if any is absolutely worth it. The lady that complained about Maggie being rude is wrong. If anything, she was rude wanting to sit at a table for 4 people. Maggie handled her very politely and I guess she didn't like her table. We witnessed it all.What makes her think that she can have a prime table when the place is packed is beyond belief. Maggie and her entire staff are doing an excellent job with the food being outstanding all thr time. As for the ice coffee the lady mentioned, have you ever heard of Starbucks? Their prices are 4.99 plus

2 Thank trenton007
“Owner was rude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have been there many times and never has the owner been so rude. When u go to a restaurant on Flagler Beach you go for the view and the food. So today we walk in n there are 2 tables where u can see the ocean but Maggie the owner gives me a whole disertation as to why we a party of 2 can't sit there today incase a party of 4 comes in after i tell her that part of the reason i go there is because of the view she still insists i sit in the back corner where there is a mirror i can look at to see the ocean. I just sort of made a face n she very rudely took the silverware and was just unbareable. I was embarrased as she had gotten loud and was starting to make a scene. The food was good but i was already so upset n when i got the bill the 2 iced coffees where $6 bucks...REALLY. I got in the car and as we drove away my husband had to pull over so i could throw up. Thank you Maggie for ruining my Sunday morning. I spent $30 bucks for rudeness and a breakfast that made me throe up.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank qpiernas
Andrew B, Owner at Maggie's European Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
The Service Industry, especially the Restaurant Industry, is known to be one of the most difficult to thrive in. Reason being is that you can't please every customer every time, though we try! While I am sorry you felt that your specialty flavored coffee was too expensive at $3 a piece, it is a standard price in cafes and coffee shops.

Sundays at Maggie's are three times busier than any other day of the week. And we strive on that one day to accommodate all sized parties. So, it was with that reasoning that your party of 2 had to be directed to a 2-top table rather than the 4-top or 8-top you were interested in.

While some tables have a better view than others, we are proud of the fact that almost every table does offer an ocean view. We even encourage our customers to continue that tranquil scenic view by grabbing a to-go cup on their way out so they can take a walk on beautiful Flagler Beach..

As an occasional customer, I am surprised that you were offended by our "Please wait to be seated" sign and service. But mostly that your anxiety of the practice upset your stomach.
Florida, New York
“Nice little place, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I love this place. Its cozy and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The coffee is excellent as well as all of the food I have tasted.The crepes are so good. The prices are reasonable. The staff is great and you never feel rushed.

Visited April 2014