“Good place to hang out for drinks.”

The Golden Lion Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: Flagler's Most Awarded Restaurant & Raw Bar since 1992. Fresh Seafood. Voted #1 Beach Bar on the East Coast of Florida 2015. Live music with Reggae Sundays. Lots of fun monthly Full Moon Parties with Limbo and a white sand dance floor. Second story Rooftop Dining overlooking the Ocean or downstairs under the Tropical Courtyard. Tiki Bar, Ocean Bar, Gift Shop & Raw Bar. Food Specialities English Style Fish n Chips, Fresh Catch Taco's, Lobster Rolls, Oysters, Crab, Shrimp, Seafood Towers, Daily Fresh Fish... Small Barrier Island of 4500, Surf Tournaments, Fishing off the Pier, Red Coquina Rock Beaches, Free Parking and Golf Cart friendly...7 Miles of Oceanview Heaven
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Good place to hang out ~ it's right across the street from the beach so the view is great, especially if you sit outside on the upper. The drinks are good and reasonably priced. Staff is very nice and friendly.

1  Thank Ellen C

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I dropped by the Golden Lion about 8:00pm on Sat night, sat upstairs in the open air rooftop seating. Started off with some pretty good clams and oysters. My fish sandwhich was okay. It was busy but by no means packed. My server struggled to keep up, although I am not sure it was a question of running too many tables. The food guests left early and by 10pm there were only a couple of people hanging out at the bar.

I would say this is probably a great spot for lunch, sitting upstairs and overlooking the ocean.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ate here on our first day of our vacation. We ate at many good restaraunts but none compared to the tasty food we had here! We had Steamed Oysters, Shrimp, and the Fish and Chips. The portions were huge and the taste was terrific! My favorite was the fish and chips. It came with three huge grouper fillets, fires and a hushpuppy. Very good food here!

1  Thank Josh M
Reviewed July 10, 2013

When I am on vacation I love stopping at the Golden Lion for a beer. You can sit and look at the ocean and see all of the people on the beach. It is so relaxing. I always take a few pictures of my husband sitting at the table with the ocean in the background. After leaving we walk the beach.

1  Thank deadlymantis
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We went into The Golden Lion on our first day in Flagler. It seemed popular, and we figured that it had to be good. Not exactly the case. If you don't like or can't eat spicy things, DON'T EAT HERE. My grandmother can't, and she had VERY limited selection. I, however, like spice. Still, we both ordered fish and chips. It seemed like the best thing to get, and it wasn't AT ALL cheap. Much too expensive for fish and chips and coleslaw! Also, there was much too much drinking going on. Families with small children shouldn't go if you don't like large parties of drinkers yelling and laughing loudly. It just wasn't at all what we expected... We WILL NOT be going back, not on this trip, or any other.

Bob W, General Manager at The Golden Lion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. The week of the Fourth of July is our busiest week of the entire year, and we served almost 7,000 guests who came to celebrate the holiday and have a good time. Of course, with it being a holiday, it is going to be more crowded than usual. In the future, if you would prefer a more traditional restaurant setting, we recommend our indoor seating area which has less noise than our outdoor seating areas. We always have a manager on duty, and aim for 100% customer satisfaction. Had a manager known about your situation or an issue with your experience while you were here, we would have corrected the issue immediately for you to make your time with us more enjoyable. Thank you again for contacting us and letting us know about your experience.

If I can do anything else for you, please let me know.
Bob Wilson