“Great View”

The Golden Lion Cafe
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Flagler Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Flagler's Most Awarded Restaurant & Raw Bar since 1992. Fresh Seafood. Voted #1 Beach Bar on the East Coast of Florida 2015. Live music with Reggae Sundays. Lots of fun monthly Full Moon Parties with Limbo and a white sand dance floor. Second story Rooftop Dining overlooking the Ocean or downstairs under the Tropical Courtyard. Tiki Bar, Ocean Bar, Gift Shop & Raw Bar. Food Specialities English Style Fish n Chips, Fresh Catch Taco's, Lobster Rolls, Oysters, Crab, Shrimp, Seafood Towers, Daily Fresh Fish... Small Barrier Island of 4500, Surf Tournaments, Fishing off the Pier, Red Coquina Rock Beaches, Free Parking and Golf Cart friendly...7 Miles of Oceanview Heaven
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stopped here for a few drinks one afternoon. The roof top seating area has an incredible view! It is breezy even on a warm day so bring a jacket or sit in a sunny spot. Our server was friendly and stopped by a few times to check on us. The place was crowded and had a fun atmosphere. We did not eat but saw the plates around us and everyone seemd to enjoy their meals.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I caught our waiter adding a 10 dollar tip on my credit card.I split a check with a friend and the waiter received a $16.00 tip from one card and then added an additional $10.00 from my card. I live local , went back next day and manager did credit my account. I would fire this guy. Not sure if he did or not. Just wanted to advise and let the customers BEWARE OF THIS. . .

Jennifer K, Front Office Manager at The Golden Lion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We sincerely apologize for any problems you experienced while dining with us. After speaking with your server, it was determined that it was a misunderstanding, and as you stated, the $10 was refunded to your card. We have re-educated the server on proper check-out procedures and this will not happen in the future. We appreciate you making us aware of the situation. Thank you again for your patronage.

Jennifer Knapp
Office Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The quality of food is good.Needs more variety,in how the food is prepaired.Some of the flavors seem like they come out of the same cooker.A little high on pricing,for the quality and quanity of food you recieve.All in all,it was a good night of dining.The view speaks for itself.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Was in town from N. Y. With family and we decided to go eat by the beach. We all had a great time with some good food.Staff was attentive and friendly

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Bad food overprices. $9 to $12 for something that has no taste... no way. I was so hungry and ready for food and got the bread bowl that said "piping hott" and it came out completely cold. I am not picky nor do i write reviews much, but i had to say GO ANYWERE ELSE

Jennifer K, Front Office Manager at The Golden Lion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hi Alex,
We are so sorry that your food arrived to your table cold. This is completely unacceptable. Did you make your server aware of this? We would have been happy to have given you another breadboule, served at the temperature it is supposed to be served at. If you would please contact me and let me know when you dined with us, I will be sure to make the proper corrective action so that this does not happen again. We hope you will come back again and give us the opportunity to give you the experience you deserved the first time. Again, we apologize and will make sure this is taken care of immediately. Thank you for making us aware of the situation.
Jennifer Knapp