“There are other places for seafood”

Flagler Fish Company
Ranked #11 of 82 Restaurants in Flagler Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Flagler Fish Company uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to prepare meals that are guaranteed to please. Our creative chefs offer mouth-watering appetizer and entree features that change daily as well as a variety of lunch specials. A combination restaurant and retail market, people come to The Flagler Fish Company for the freshest seafood available. Beer and wine available.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was excited to try this place! The menu seemed to have a variety. I wanted seafood. My son wanted calamari. I was excited to see a fresh fish case when we walked in. The decor was simple, but cozy. We received the chips and dip. It was good! Looked in the case for something unusual. They had swordfish, which my husband loves. So I thought, score! I decided to get the appetizer variety platter. My other son ordered a burger.

Most of my platter was good, but the shrimp (fresh from their case) was overcooked and chewy. My son, who LOVESshrimp, wouldn't eat it. My husband ordered his swordfish grilled. Well it was, but it had no flavor! The calamari was so chewy, it was inedible. We sent the calamari back and just asked for tilapia. It was good, but we still got charged for calamari! The hamburger my son got was cooked medium on one half and well done on the other. Weird, right? When I asked my son, he said the burger was presented cut in half and it was like they had grilled it that way also. He had already eaten most of it by the time I noticed, so I didnt bother saying anything.

This place was expensive for the portions you receive. And any seafood restaurant should know how to prepare seafood so it is not chewy and has flavor. I gave it 3 just because it wasn't an overall bad experience, but I'll eat somewhere else next time.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Awesome local seafood. We really liked the casual feel and amazing food. It was busy so come early if you don't want to wait for a table. We will be back!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had been in Flagler Beach for a week and waited to go to this resturant until the last night. It looked cute and always had a wait. After a small wait, I sat down and waited and waited for my waiter. Someone dropped off a basket of delicious homemade potato chips with some unknown dip in a cup. It was good, but I didn't know what it was. I overheard a waitress say is was smoked fish dip. It didn't taste anything remotely like that.

As I waited for my waiter, I looked at the menu. The fish was based three price levels from 17.99 to 23.99 or 25.99. When I asked about the tuna , my waiter said that that that was in the expensive category. Tilapia was the only fish they had in the cheap category and they didn't haven't any anyway.

I looked around the resturant and noticed how small the portions were for the cost, so I opted for an appetizer of seared tuna with seaweed salad. 12.25
And a side of asparagus with balsamic vinegarette. 4.25

The small portion of tuna came overcooked, with no pink at all and with about a tablespoon of seaweed salad. Not much for 12.00
As for the asparagus, there were 4 spears with some chopped egg ( about a tsp) and dressing.

When the bill came, the asparagus cost truly bothered me and I questioned it with the waiter. He thought that he had charged me wrong and then came back and told me that because it took time to put the toppings on, that was the price. Not satisfied, I asked to speak to the manger. He said that the cost was because I didn't have to cook it at home and it took time to cut the egg and put the dish together.

I noted that I live in Washington, D.C. and asparagus is 2.50 a pound and that charging 1.00 per spear is ridiculous.
He said that that he was sorry and hoped that I would come back.

No way!

On a side note, my very disorganized and slow waiter, gave the table next to me their beers for free because they waited too long for them.
Glad they could part with those and not a few more asparagus.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

In-laws live in Palm Coast. This gas become a regular visit when down here. Great seafood and value.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

It's a bit pricey, but well worth it. Check out the seafood case for your main course, then choose from several wonderful and unique sides. I am gluten free, so the server helped me a lot by checking with the kitchen for ingredients. Go early and beat the crowd :)

2  Thank Sussssy