“Miss the old owner ,not like this new management !!!!”
Review of Hana Sushi

Hana Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Miss the owner who own this restaurant before ,not like this new management !!!!everything is change ! The thing just be "cheap",not the quality

2  Thank chaehwa

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I'm from central Kentucky so I know my sushi! No, really, I live 30 minutes from one of the biggest Toyota plants in the US. There are several fine Japanese restaurants around at home and we have sushi regularly. While vacationing in Amelia Island, we tried Hana Sushi for dinner today. Two of us had only sushi and one had fried rice. The sushi was wonderful; fresh, tasty with large pieces. Service was fast and accurate (to be fair, we arrived shortly after 5 pm so there wasn't much of a crowd). The atmosphere was also pleasant. The prices were on a par with what we have seen in many good sushi restaurants. Oh, our 15 year old son thinks the fried rice was good too. We all enjoyed the meal and strongly recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank Steve232
Reviewed July 23, 2013

When Chef Ken sold the place earlier this year, we had high hopes that the excellent tradition would continue.
Sadly, it hasn't. We gave it several more tries. Yes, they still try very hard to give good service, but many things have slipped. First and foremost, prices have increased. Not always a deal breaker, but along with the price increase, the selection and quality have declined. Bento dinners are no longer offered (lunch only). Hubby hasn't ordered a soft drink from there in at least a half dozen visits, since it tastes flat.The Deluxe Sushi platter had only 2 varieties of nigiri, and the maki was just crab stick and avocado. My tempura, which had always been light and crisp was soggy and greasy. The temperature of the room was a bit on the warm side. And instead of the nice quiet Asian instrumental music, a mixture of country and pop was playing. No more little dessert offered....
It broke our hearts when we were craving sushi, but hubby drove to Fancy Sushi across the road.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stumbled upon Hana Sushi yesterday, the first day of our vacation, during a trip to Publix for groceries. Lured by the reasonable prices (the California roll was $3.50 and the Hibachi chicken during lunch was less than $7), we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The Hibachi lunch came with plenty of food and was some of the best Hibachi we had ever tried -- not dry and bland like most back home. The sushi was also amazing -- so pretty and incredibly delicious, also the best I have ever had. The waitress and sushi chefs were so friendly and attentive, and we both left very full for less than $15, including the tip. We actually went back today for lunch! I went with the California roll again (except two this time, I'm telling you, the best sushi I have ever had), while my husband tried the bento box, which came with the Hibachi chicken, fried rice, four tempura vegetables, soup, salad, and a California roll for $8.25. We fully intend to make one more stop at Hana before heading back to Kentucky later this week.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A small restaurant, clean and attractive. The chef is exceptional! His food preparations are extra special and of the highest quality. I ordered shrimp hibachi, which was cooked perfectly, served with assorted vegetables, including zucchini. The portions were very large and beautifully plated. Seasonings were perfect and so tasty. This really is a gourmet Japanese establishment. A great find in a small town.