“Pleasant stay, nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Mount Dora, FL, United States
“Pleasant stay, nice hotel”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Hampton Amelia Island, walking distance to the beach, clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff, good breakfast. We will definately be returning on our next family vaca.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed August 15, 2013

From the moment that we arrived we were very happy with our choice. The exterior is attractive and only a short walk to the beach on the sidewalk. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful at check in and check out. Room was spotless and modern with a very comfortable bed and bedding. Breakfast room was attractive with several hot choices. Restaurants also in walking distance and one with entertainment right on the beach. Great stay. We are already planning to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Alabaster, AL, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This wasn't the nicest Hampton we've stayed in, but it is close to the beach and it has the typical Hampton amenitites. Our room did have other people's hair all over the bath room and on some towels. It also was very stuffy and poorly ventilated(smelled like mold may have been growing there). We would more than likely try another hotel when we visit that area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

senoia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We chose to vacation on Amelia Island as a second choice to St. Augustine, FL because we couldn't find a suitable dog friendly hotel there. We have never been disappointed with Hampton Inn, and this hotel meets the same high standard as the others we've stayed in. It's very clean, and only a block from the beach! The complimentary breakfast offers something for everyone, and the front desk was very helpful with any request we made. If I had to find fault, I could point out that one fluorescent light bulb was out in the bathroom, and the air conditioner was loud - but that's hardly worth mentioning. I love staying at Hampton Inn because of the cleanliness, comfort and value - and because many locations are pet friendly. Amelia Island is a charming little beach town, and our Hampton Inn made the stay even more enjoyable. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I had a decent stay at this location. We were a bit concerned initially. But, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our initial room smelled like cigar and cigarette smoke - even though we were on the non-smoking floor. We told the front desk of this and they moved us immediately. The breakfast? Bypass it if you can and take advantage of some of the local eateries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Alpharetta, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn at Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach. The staff were great and always friendly and smile. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again and I recommend it to anyone looking for a Hotel near the beach. The beach was clean and you could see the thru the water. Go and have fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Alto, Georgia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the night I called from another "hotel" next door (which shall not be named in this review and I was ready to turn around and drive 8 hours back home rather than be there), Catherine at the front desk was like an angel sent especially for me! She got me in the next day and for the rest of my vacation. As a woman traveling alone, location and personnel are everything. Honestly, this was one of the nicest stays at any hotel I have ever experienced. I felt safe and at home. When I arrived I met Candice, I kid you not-the world's greatest housekeeper. All the people in this hotel made me feel at home. No question was too much. Everyone, even passing in the hall, wanted to make sure everything was good for me. It was even better than the concierge at a much higher price who welcomed me every time I returned to the hotel.
THe room was excellent. Clean, cozy, comfortable. That's what you want, but the people made this hotel. I cannot rave enough. And, if you are the manager reading this, these folks deserve a raise. By the way, everyone also made Dusty, the mini dachshund wonder, feel like their very own. Plus, this was his very first stay at a hotel, and I can't imagine a better place for him to make that transition. Simply the best.
I cannot thank you enough for your professionalism, and most of all, your kindness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!