“Decent Stay/Great Staff”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I had a decent stay at this location. We were a bit concerned initially. But, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our initial room smelled like cigar and cigarette smoke - even though we were on the non-smoking floor. We told the front desk of this and they moved us immediately. The breakfast? Bypass it if you can and take advantage of some of the local eateries.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn at Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach. The staff were great and always friendly and smile. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again and I recommend it to anyone looking for a Hotel near the beach. The beach was clean and you could see the thru the water. Go and have fun.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the night I called from another "hotel" next door (which shall not be named in this review and I was ready to turn around and drive 8 hours back home rather than be there), Catherine at the front desk was like an angel sent especially for me! She got me in the next day and for the rest of my vacation. As a woman traveling alone, location and personnel are everything. Honestly, this was one of the nicest stays at any hotel I have ever experienced. I felt safe and at home. When I arrived I met Candice, I kid you not-the world's greatest housekeeper. All the people in this hotel made me feel at home. No question was too much. Everyone, even passing in the hall, wanted to make sure everything was good for me. It was even better than the concierge at a much higher price who welcomed me every time I returned to the hotel.
THe room was excellent. Clean, cozy, comfortable. That's what you want, but the people made this hotel. I cannot rave enough. And, if you are the manager reading this, these folks deserve a raise. By the way, everyone also made Dusty, the mini dachshund wonder, feel like their very own. Plus, this was his very first stay at a hotel, and I can't imagine a better place for him to make that transition. Simply the best.
I cannot thank you enough for your professionalism, and most of all, your kindness.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family had a fabulous stay and the staff was extremely helpful with all our questions. I love the quaint area and would love to go back for a longer stay. I love the Hilton beds and bedding, would love to have one at home. I always stay at Hilton hotels when available in the area I visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Overall, this is a good hotel in a great location. You can tell that it gets used. The rooms are a bit small and they need some layout/design help. Some of the front desk staff could use computer and communication skills training.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel during a trip to FL for our grandson's wedding. It is conveniently located, a short walk to the beach, restaurants (with Dairy Queen across the street). The help went out of their way to make us feel at home. Beds & pillows were outstanding....slept like a baby. :)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Visited area with family for overnight stay. Check-in was smooth and everything was good to go! Second floor room was the perfect spot. My three-year-old son enjoyed the cookies on arrival afternoon. Near beach location made it easy to take the wagon to the beach. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Front desk staff had treasure chest with trinkets and offered them to all younger children in the dining area....what a neat idea....my son "fished" with his toy rod and reel all day at the beach. Clerk at front thanked me for the stay upon check-out and asked if I would choose them again. Already looking forward to next trip there.

Room Tip: Choice would be second or thrid floor rooms...first floor is path to pool...