“A Dream Come True” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Alto, Georgia
“A Dream Come True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the night I called from another "hotel" next door (which shall not be named in this review and I was ready to turn around and drive 8 hours back home rather than be there), Catherine at the front desk was like an angel sent especially for me! She got me in the next day and for the rest of my vacation. As a woman traveling alone, location and personnel are everything. Honestly, this was one of the nicest stays at any hotel I have ever experienced. I felt safe and at home. When I arrived I met Candice, I kid you not-the world's greatest housekeeper. All the people in this hotel made me feel at home. No question was too much. Everyone, even passing in the hall, wanted to make sure everything was good for me. It was even better than the concierge at a much higher price who welcomed me every time I returned to the hotel.
THe room was excellent. Clean, cozy, comfortable. That's what you want, but the people made this hotel. I cannot rave enough. And, if you are the manager reading this, these folks deserve a raise. By the way, everyone also made Dusty, the mini dachshund wonder, feel like their very own. Plus, this was his very first stay at a hotel, and I can't imagine a better place for him to make that transition. Simply the best.
I cannot thank you enough for your professionalism, and most of all, your kindness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family had a fabulous stay and the staff was extremely helpful with all our questions. I love the quaint area and would love to go back for a longer stay. I love the Hilton beds and bedding, would love to have one at home. I always stay at Hilton hotels when available in the area I visit.

West Palm Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Overall, this is a good hotel in a great location. You can tell that it gets used. The rooms are a bit small and they need some layout/design help. Some of the front desk staff could use computer and communication skills training.

Pottstown, PA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel during a trip to FL for our grandson's wedding. It is conveniently located, a short walk to the beach, restaurants (with Dairy Queen across the street). The help went out of their way to make us feel at home. Beds & pillows were outstanding....slept like a baby. :)

Screven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Visited area with family for overnight stay. Check-in was smooth and everything was good to go! Second floor room was the perfect spot. My three-year-old son enjoyed the cookies on arrival afternoon. Near beach location made it easy to take the wagon to the beach. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Front desk staff had treasure chest with trinkets and offered them to all younger children in the dining area....what a neat idea....my son "fished" with his toy rod and reel all day at the beach. Clerk at front thanked me for the stay upon check-out and asked if I would choose them again. Already looking forward to next trip there.

Room Tip: Choice would be second or thrid floor rooms...first floor is path to pool...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed many times at the Hampton Inn on St. Simons and rate it as a Five-Star for Hampton Inns. So, we were shocked at the treatment we received from the manager when we checked in on July 17, 2013 for a two night stay at this hotel on Amelia Island! When we booked the hotel online we choose a room with a king bed smoking free Wi Fi....... While it was our mistake that we misunderstood the smoking free Wi Fi (which really meant that Wi Fi was the "free" part although there were no commas in between each word) as a smoke free room However., the manager was extremely, extremely, rude and shouted at us that it was OUR MISTAKE over and over again. We told her that she could at least admit that it was an easy mistake to make and graciously offer us another room but she continued to shout that it was OUR MISTAKE and made a big deal out of giving us another room! The next room we were given had someone already in it and when we went back to the front desk to tell the manager she acted like we AGAIN made a mistake! After she checked the room again she realized that there was someone in the second room and made a big deal out of giving us the third room. At this point our vacation trip was ruined and we were very upset.................OUR LAST STAY AT THIS HAMPTON INN!!! Beth and Gene Roach, Jesup, GA

Room Tip: There was a musky smell to the entire hotel and the AC was very loud at night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Ocklawaha, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Hampton Inn is walking distance to a beautiful beach with great facilities. The hotel's pool is clean and well-maintained. The room was comfortable and well furnished for the price. The microwave and small refrigerator were a nice touch. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank George O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#2 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 439 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,159 reviews
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,233 reviews
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#10 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 333 reviews
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#11 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 138 reviews
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!