My wife and I shared a weekend at the Hampton Inn on Sadler Road (There are 2 Hampton's on Fernandina Beach - the other is Hampton Inn and Suites on 2nd St). For the price point ($90-110 night), this was a very nice place in a decent location. We visited primarily because we were going to the Bears-Jaguars football game that Sunday, but wanted to explore the local area as well. The beach just down the street from this hotel was really nice compared to most other East Florida beaches (Miami Beach is better, but that's about it), and it's not trashy like Daytona is, in my opinion.
As for the hotel, this was our first time at a Hampton Inn property after joining Hilton HHonors recently, and I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't earn points on this stay because I had prepaid the stay via Hotels.com, even though the rate wasn't any different on their site. I know for future reference though. The service was better than other chains at this price point, and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room itself was spacious for a one-bed King, though the mattress wasn't as great as I've experienced at other chains. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it was bouncier than most. Some people might not like that. I feel like I slept pretty well.
As for amenities, the room had a microwave and fridge and we had no complaints about the Wi-fi. We were pleased that all 3 were available as part of the rate and worked well. My wife also appreciated that they offered a makeup remover cloth in the bathroom, but was rather displeased with the quality of the hairdryer provided.
Breakfast offered hot foods, eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, and waffles, as well as the standard continental breakfast fare. We found this to be a step-up from similarly priced chains.
The swimming pool was cold (and I'm Norwegian, so I can usually handle chilly), so we didn't spend too much time in it, but it was a pretty nice pool, and not too deep.
Overall, we were pleased with this Hampton Inn, and really enjoyed Fernandina Beach. For our next visit, we'll likely try the other Hampton Inn that's right in the historic downtown area, so we can compare, as well as be able to walk around downtown more.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island At Fernandina Beach Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Hampton Inn Fernandina Beach
- Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island At Fernandina Beach FL