Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Residence Inn Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Surf Beach Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Seaside Amelia Inn(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfront deskamelia islandtreasure chestroom was cleanafternoon cookieswithin walking distancecomplimentary breakfastslidersnice breakfastoatmealfirst floorgreat place to stayfresh fruithistoric downtownshort drivethe breakfast areadoris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I always stay at Hampton Inns when I travel and this stay did not disappoint. Fridge and microwave in room. Room was clean and comfortable. WiFi was fine. One block from beach and 3 miles from historic downtown. The staff was the friendliest and most helpful I have encountered. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel this month (Nov. 2011) and were very pleased and would definitely recommend to others and return here ourselves. The rooms are clean and spacious, the beds are comfortable, there was a fridge and microwave which was very nice, every staff member we have encountered has been very friendly and helpful. The hotel is about a block & a half from the beach. Very safe and relaxing setting. Only downside is no on-site fitness center or hot tub in pool area. Very satisfied!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with a beautiful ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The staff at this hotel is over the top nice! They go beyond themselves to make guests feel welcome and to provide tourist information. I have never encountered a staff this great! And, the hotel itself is clean, centrally located, and a nice one block stroll to the beach. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband, daughter, dog, and I stayed at the Hampton the weekend of October 14th, 2011. When we checked in, we couldn't have recieved a friendlier, warmer greeting. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and offered us a ton of information on the area. They even called our room once we were settled in to see if we needed anything. The facilities are older, as some other reviewers have commented, but clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was quite good, and the afternoon cookies and all-day coffee were nice amenities as well. I don't understand the negative review from a previous reviewer (hcsobth)--perhaps his/her expectations were too high? Sad to post such an ugly review for such a well-meaning group of employees.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three days in October 2011. When we checked in we dealt with a goofy night clerk who made unnecessary wise cracks which after 4-5 hours driving that didn't seem funny to us at all. He gave us the room keys, which had already been programed for the room. We thought, how nice that our room was reserved and ready for us at 10:45pm. We went to the room and upon entering we smelled the worst musty smell ever. Although it appeared clean it was old and the ceiling had a huge patch that was repaired and painted by amateurs. The walls looked like they were repainted by a class of 1st graders. The bed was made sloppily and had bumps in the comforter. We stood there for a minute and couldn't get over the nasty smell. We decided to go back to the clerk and request another room. Back to the night clerk with more wise cracks about our complaint. We got another room on the third floor, which was clean, but had furniture that was at least 20 years old. This room was a non-smoking room, however the adjoining room was not, which until the last night wasn't a problem. The last night we smelled smoke all night, obviously from a new guest that checked in and smoked. Why would you designate a non-smoking room right next to a smoking room. To people that are non-smokers this is unacceptable. The second night it rained really hard and we had the opportunity to hear the draining rain from the roof because we had a 3" PVC drain pipe running through our bathroom light fixture. This was very annoying when you are trying to sleep. There was a nice larger refrigerator and microwave in the room, which we didn't use. The refrigerator was turned off when we arrived and had to be turned on and temperature lowered to be used. The beds were very old and uncomfortable. The second night we got back to the room, our keys wouldn't open the door. We went up to the front desk and while trying to verify our identity, the clerk slipped and made the statement, "Oh, you booked through travelocity". I asked if this was a problem and she quickly tried to change the subject saying, "oh travelocity doesn't give us your address for verification purposes". Which brings me to my last point and warning to others, we have traveled a lot this year alone and have used travelocity, expedia, and other travel sites to book. Every hotel we checked into gives you the worst room locations and what seems like the worst rooms. We believe hotels don't like to deal with these sites, but do because a lot of customers use them. Over all, this is a fairly clean hotel and would be fine for a family trying to save money. We just had a few issues. The last thing I will mention is the breakfast, which is advertised as a breakfast buffet. Don't be fooled. The free breakfast is nothing more than a small continental breakfast, with a small pre-warmed cheap meat and egg product, stale muffins, bread, and bagels, with cheap OJ and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our Hampton Inn. We value your input and realize the importance of seeing our hotel through our guests' eyes. I was concerned when I read your review and wished I had the opportunity to speak with you prior to your leaving our hotel. We take every guest review/comment very seriously and will use your review as an opportunity to better serve our guests needs. Our guests generally comment on the cleanliness of our hotel and how service oriented our staff is. I apologize that was not your experience.

We work very closely with Travelocity and other third party booking sites and I assure you we value their partnership and do not treat any guest differently because of how they book their rooms. As a security measure we always ask a guest to prove their identity before we allow them access to a guest room. If we do not have your home address, it is more difficult to discern if you should be allowed access or not. We will surely use your experience as an example when training our staff on what to say when a guest is locked out of their room.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to remark on your stay. Should you wish to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact the hotel.

Khelia Todd