“We enjoyed our stay and the staff is great!”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2011

These folks aim to please. They offer hot breakfast each morning along with cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. They put out fresh baked cookies every afternoon. They are friendly and helpful. The pool is nice and the parking is more than adequate. The beach is very close, about a block away. There are stores, restaurants and coffee shops nearby. This is a great value for your buck.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2011

First, I want to thank this Hampton Inn for allowing dogs. My dogs are better behaved than many children and I whole-heartedly appreciate being able to bring my companions with me. It was their first beach trip and we had a blast walking on the beach and site seeing. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff were always smiling and informative. I had a wonderful stay despite the weather not fully cooperating with my schedule. I will be back. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fvlb
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Amelia Island and had a great stay!!! Close to the beaches,resturants and shopping!!! Pam Thomas was wonderful at the front desk,she was able to get us into our room early the day we arrived and could not have been nicer!! Our room was clean,quiet and just very nice. We would highly recommend this Hampton Inn,oh and it is also very Pet friendly!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed from Friday June 24th to the morning of the 26th. This hotel was very nice and offers complimentary breakfast. Nothing to rave about (microwave bacon – yuk!) but it is filling and free so you can’t really complain! The location is very close to the beach, not to be confused with the Hampton in historic downtown. Upon check in, the staff gives you a variety of pamphlets describing what to do and good places to eat. We even received a “value card” that could be used for discounts around the island. The room was clean and did not smell like wet dog, despite it being a pet friendly hotel. I was pleased with this. Nice amenities (free internet is always a plus) and the staff were always very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was a very pleasant stay. Very nice, comfortable beds, the room and bathroom was very clean and smelled nice. : ) The lady at the front desk was there when we checked in and during our check-out. At check-in the phone was ringing continuously and several of us were at the counter to check-in. She very politely and graciously acknowledged each one of us and answered the phone in a very professional and pleasant manner, although I know she must have been very frustrated at the time and had to call for assistance at the counter. She certainly deserves recognition.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were at Amelia Island for a family occasion. This is a superb place with very good value. We had aregular room and a handicapped accessable room. There is a pool and the hotel supplies beach toys for the kids, boogie boards etc. for the beach which is just down the street about a long city block away. In particular we would like to mention Ava Howard who was at the front desk. She is a delightful person, quite friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RMHBJH
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Hampton Inn at Fernandina Beach

The Good:
Clean
Plenty of parking
Pet Friendly
Friendly Staff
Convient to Beach - 1 long block away

The Not so Good:
The complimentary breakfast is not good.
Due to lack of an available room with a king sized bed, we were given a roon with two queen beds.This made the room kingd of crowded and awkward to get around
No place to hang wet beach items - swim suits, towels. This would not have been as much of an issue but they state that they provide beach towels for guest but ran out of beach towels on our stay.
Did I mention tha the compliemntary breakfast is not good

This is my first trip to Amelia Island and I would stay at the Hamption Inn at Fernandina Beach again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChillMutt
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

First let me thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I look forward to your return visit and talking to your personally regarding your comments regarding this past visit. I'm so sorry you were not able to get the room type you hoped for. It was not clear if you had a reservation or if you made a last minute decision to visit. On the weekends, especially with our beach location, we fill up quickly and have limited room types for our walk-in guests. I apologize for not having beach towels available for you. We rarely run out of beach equipment, but do try to tell all our guests that the beach equipment including beach towels, are available on a first come first served basis. Obviously you did not like our complimentary breakfast bar. I wish you had brought it to our attention while you were at the hotel. Hampton dictates our breakfast selection, but is always open to guests' opionions.

Again, I do look forward to your return visit and I hope I am able to speak with you personally regarding your experience.

Khelia Todd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!