“Tasty with nice asmosphere.”
Review of GG's Bistro - CLOSED

GG's Bistro
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: First Coast Hwy (A1A)
Description: A casual but elegant bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring always fresh local catch - All our food is prepared fresh - Catering everything from bridge clubs to 250 seat weddings - Prepared meals in the deli case - Outdoor patio is pet friendly
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Tasty with nice asmosphere.”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an early lunch of flatbread, which we could have split, and a glass of wine. Very tasty! The outside patio was full, which is where we'd have preferred to sit, but sat at the classy bar inside and were well taken care of by the wait staff. Gourmet, gourmet name fits as the pastas and salads are great. You can eat in or get to go. Large various kinds of cookies to complete the meal.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great food but not so great service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a really cosy and relaxing restaurant with a good atmosphere. Although the indoor seating is a bit limited, there is a really comfortable outside patio area.
All the food we have eaten here has been delicious. It is freshly cooked and the Quiche and Baked Brie are my favorites. The Bloody Mary's are too spicy for me and but my husband loves them.
The only critisicm we have is that the service on all occasions has been very slow. It is not somewhere you should go if you want a quick lunch or dinner!

Bill M, Owner at GG's Bistro, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we are very happy that you enjoyed our food.

We do prepare every meal fresh to order. Quality and freshness are our first priority. Still, our average turn time during a busy lunch period is 35 minutes for 2 people and 45 for 4. If you get here before the rush we can get you fed and out of here a bit quicker. Those times will allow you to come in, have a great meal and get back to work if you only have an hour. However, we are more than happy if you would like to relax awhile and enjoy a second bloody mary.
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife & I enjoyed two great lunches here. First time when we were cycling on Amelia Island (when we sat outside) then in Jan 2014 when it was a bit too cold to sit out. Definitely worth a visit. The staff are lovely - very friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the freshest salads and local fish dishes. The crab bisque was a favorite of mine. We'll be back, on our return to the US, to try out more of the menu!

• Visited January 2014
Amelia Island, Florida
“late breakfast”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a late breakfast at Gourmet Gourmet Sunday morning and wow, it was great! However instead of my traditional eggs benedict, I tried the Greek omelet this morning. Dang, it was good! It might be my new favorite breakfast item. I did have an English muffin with it and could have eaten a second muffin. I don't know what they did to it, but it was awesome too!

I will be back!

1 Thank Harry C
Amelia Island, Florida
“Best meal here”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Unreal dinner! We have been here five weeks and wish we knew about it sooner, sat outside, amazing short ribs, pasta with lobster and shrimp, yummy salads, incredible prices. Waitress Chloe was a dear, wine was awesome.

Visited March 2014