“Beers flow quickly”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
“Beers flow quickly”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Slider's has to have the fastest flowing, coldest draft beer in all of Amelia Island! I guess with three different bars--one outside at the tiki bar, one upstairs with a long beach view and another inside, escaping the sun and heat--it comes with the territory. I visit there often for the beer, for the camaraderie among my local friends and yes, for the entertaining, prompt and friendly service from my favorite bartenders, Joan and Michelle.

Visited July 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Made our trip!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our last night on vacation from Knoxville TN. We had been all over the island over the weekend and even to Jacksonville. This was by far the best location on the beach. There was seven of us, and I must admit when we got there we didn't think it was gonna be the "fun" atmosphere we wanted. WE were wrong!! The band was awesome, we sat at the lower part of the tiki bar so it wasn't so loud. Our server Nia was awesome, between her & Dave we never waited on a drink! They were fairly busy and still made us very welcome and taken care of. Nia spent what seemed like most of her free time telling us about the area and making us laugh. She is hilarious!! We racked up almost a $900 bill in nothing but drinks, a little more than we planned but we had an awesome time! I also really appreciated that Nia & Dave were very concerned on our well being, how we were getting home. They both offered to call a cab and or drive us home! For that we doubled our gratuity! My husband tried to give Nia an extra hundred dollars and she wouldn't take it. You don't see that often! We can't wait to come back and visit, we will most definitely be back! Nia & Dave are awesome, sure hope we seem them again! Thanks for a great last night Sliders!

• Visited July 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Sliders has it all!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

On July 5th, we ate twice at Sliders. For lunch we had crab cakes/cheese grits, and a grilled grouper sandwich. The crab cakes were delicious, with big chunks of crab meat. My husband said his sandwich was perfect. The service was excellent and a guitarist was playing great music in the background. We spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach relaxing in the surf.

At about 6:30, we heard music playing. We walked up to Sliders, carrying our beach chairs and found a table outside. A full band was playing. There was nothing this band couldn't play and some songs were my old favorites. I was amazed how talented they were and the audience loved them. (The restaurant was packed.) We ordered grilled shrimp and fresh vegetables. My husband said they were the best shrimp ever. Our waitress got our food and drinks out quickly. Sliders is a must if you go to Amelia Island.

• Visited July 2013
Port Washington, New York
“Great atmosphere and fun place to get a bite to eat”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went to Sliders twice during my recent visit. The restaurant is in a great location on the beach. The view is great and they play live music. Everyone seems happy to be there. The food was fine, but not great. My mixed drinks were good but had too much ice (which I corrected on my second visit). The waitress, Breanne, was a great server. She was friendly, patient and helpful. I wasn't certain what to order and she made some great recommendations, I cannot believe I like fried pickles!! The desert Death by Chocolate was heavenly!
I will definitely go back on my next visit.

• Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Udate past its time”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great to see that one of the main attractions at the roundabout at the end of Sadler is really nicely done.

Visited June 2013