“Glad I gave it a second chance as it was great last night!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cucina South Italian Bistro

Cucina South Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina South Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Glad I gave it a second chance as it was great last night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I went on opening night May 17 and were not very impressed wit the food or service but also know kinks have to be worked out. I promised I would give it another try and one of my sons's friends Logan works there and said come back and I promise everything will be great. And it was! She went over the top by asking the chef before we arrived what had onions in it because she knows I really dislike them. What service! There were four of us, all ladies, and we all loved what we had. The avocado citrus salad is a great light start, the complimentary olive tapenade is awesome, we had a tomato pizza, the special pasta dish of the night, the spaghetti and meatballs, and the mussel pasta. All were outstanding and the service by Logan was superb. Some great wines to go along with the food made for a perfect evening. I will be taking my husband back again soon.

• Visited July 2014

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“It was just ok --- not great for the prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We tried this new restaurant with a group of friends expecting it to be very good , but it was disappointing -- the atmosphere was lovely & the staff very good & the prices were seemed high.
The food was average, especially the pizza , which would be so simple to create. Several friends like their dishes, but did not think they were truly worth the prices.

3 Thank adriankelly
New York City, New York
“Great new Italian restaurant on Amelia Island!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Food is delicious. My husband and I had the halibut & the spaghetti with meatballs, which were both amazing! Real deal authentic meatballs. Service was very good & the red wine was perfect! Great addition to the island :)

• Visited July 2014
Amelia Island, Florida
“Cucina South was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have been to Cucina South twice now, once when they first opened and just a few weeks ago. Will gladly go back for a third or more times. Very impressed with the remodeling job, the food and the staff were awesome. The manager and Tim (I think that was his name) the owner both came by to check on us and make sure we were happy. We were!

I want to try the pizza next time!!!

I will be back!

“Pizza !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner with friends. Everyone ordered something different and it was all tasty. I ordered scallops on a bed of pasta. Loved the scallops a bit too salty on the outside delicious on the inside. Pasta was covered in a rich sauce a good compliment to the scallops.My husband ordered a
pizza and spaghetti with marinara sauce. The crust on the pizza was perfect and the pizza was flavorful. Absolutely recommend dining here for a nice eating experience.

1 Thank Pchee72