“The Alexandra is my new favorite drink!”
Review of Palate - CLOSED

Palate
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We didn't eat at Palate but had the best drink I've ever had. The Alexandra was perfected and named after bartender Alex! Great combinations she created with this mojito like drink.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a wonderful experience at the new restaurant in downtown Fernandina Beach! Service was great, food was full of flavor, and we even got a visit from the chef! We started off with the AHI tuna as an appetizer and right off the bat we were impressed! I almost ordered another, The chef prepared it just right! For my entree I ordered the scallops. Scallops are not something I normally order when I go out, but I heard good things and gave it a shot. Very happy with my decision! They had a great flavor, great display, perfect portion, and I couldn't have been happier! My fiancee got the Filet Mignon and it cut just like butter. Tender, juicy, perfect seasoning, and cooked nice and bloody just like I asked! Great Experience! Great laid back environment! We will be coming back for sure!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Had dinner here last night. Restaurant was basically empty. Our table of 5 was the only one there. Most restaurants are closed here on Monday, so we thought it would be busy. Even more surprising, our server announced as we sat down that they were out of salmon and snapper -- the only 2 fish dishes on the menu.. How could that be? They certainly hadn't run out at dinner -- no one was there. Salmon isn't even fresh caught locally. Surely, they could have gone out between lunch & dinner & gotten another local fish and created a special. Poor planning!! They were also out of the wine we ordered, although did offer something else at the same price. On the positive side, service was impeccable, and all dishes our party of 5 ordered were perfectly acceptable. This place is recently opened, and if they want to build a reputation, they'd better offer interesting specials, or at least be prepared to serve their menu!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The only reason I am not giving this restaurant 5 stars is the service was very slow. In all fairness, they only had 2 servers trying to keep up with a pretty full house. They were pleasant enough..just overwhelmed. On the great side, everything our group ordered was amazing! The shrimp bacon bisque is especially tasty. It's also nice that you can get a half portion of most entrees. We left completely satisfied. Can't wait to go back....hope they have more help!

1  Thank ddurel
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We came here on the advice of a bartender at our fancy hotel. We sampled many things from the menu: raw oysters, steamed clams, strawberry goat cheese salad and the blackened snapper. I consider myself practically raised on raw oysters. These were full of mud and grit, flat and skimpy (versus plump and briney) and one was "off", so I spit it out and washed the dirty oysters in my water glass. If you want to call yourself an raw bar, you will have to do better than that to attract real oyster eaters that
can eat their weight in raw stuff. Clams were ok, nothing memorable. Salad was fair but also not memorable. The blackened snapper was cooked fairly but still contained the bloodline and for the price I might expect a filet thicker than 1/2 inch. The mashed potatoes in the dish were fine. Overall generally underwhelmed and wishing we had gone elsewhere.

2  Thank Marileemed