“Middle of the Road”
Review of 29 South Eats

29 South Eats
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ash
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The food was good. The service was good. I couldn't give a better review because:
1. They ran out of food, and 2. They ran out of beers. Did I mention that it was a Wednesday night. Who runs out of food and drinks on a Wednesday night?

There are newer reviews for 29 South Eats

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I are fairly new to the Island and have been checking out the restaurants as we love to eat out. We had tried several times to get reservations at 26 South and failed. Of course, that brought our expectations up. We finally got in last night, on the porch, which was fine. I asked what the most popular dish was and she told us it was the fried chicken. What?? Anyway, my husband ordered the chicken and I ordered the shrimp and grits with the fried green tomato appetizer. We weren't told about the snapper special that we overheard being offered to other tables. We couldn't find the green tomatoes, only the goat cheese. The chicken was dry and hard; the only choice being between a breast and leg (not thigh) or two of either. The shrimp cooked into the grits could not have been fresh (we are both from coastal areas of the South). They were the same salty stuff you can get in Kansas City. The only fresh ones were the 3 fried ones on top, but the were not "fried" as we know it, but tempura!!! In Florida?? Although, when told that we did not enjoy our meal, the appetizer was comped, we will not be back. I suppose the crowds are just palate-deadened tourists.

5  Thank 1942care
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went there with my mom. The coffee and doughnuts dessert was fantastic! The service was good and we sat outside on their porch.

1  Thank Lorisails
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have been her before and the food was excellent. However, I recently went here with my mother. Her fried chicken wasn't cooked thoroughly. Expensive for raw chicken. It was kinda gross. It was a bumper.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My daughter and I had dinner at 29 South Eats last weekend. Ian was such a joy to have as our server! He grew up on the island, was absolutely fantastic to converse with and provided excellent recommendations on food choices. We opted for several small plates such as the crostini, fried green tomatoes, cheese board and succotash.

Just enough food and wine for a perfect evening.. Sit on the patio if you can.. it's nice to watch the people stroll by and wish that they could have gotten a table at 29 South Eats too! :)

Online reservations (Open Table) are a MUST. Book early.