“Always listen to the valet!”
Review of 29 South Eats

29 South Eats
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ash
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had friends in from out of town who were staying at the Ritz Carlton. When we picked them up, we asked the valet where he liked to eat in Fernandina, and he recommended 29 Eats. It's a small, cozy place which is inexplicably almost totally decorated with tile thereby lending it an air somewhere between restroom and subway station, but that's neither here nor there. Our waitress was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable and the food was to die for! My husband opted for the pork chops and the soup (navy bean, greens, and Parmesan - SO good), I also chose the soup and the pork BBQ spring rolls. Our friends both went with the catch of the day served over succotash. The wine list was quite good with many options to choose from. I'm excited to read that the outdoor area is dog friendly, because we will very definitely be back again. All in all it was a truly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

As it was brunch time I ordered a waffle described on the menu as Belgian. It was anything but. Small, skinny, soggy and under cooked, it was a sorry excuse for a waffle, certainly not the large thick waffle the rest of the word knows Belgian.

At the very least they should change the description. As a public service they could stop serving the 'waffle' altogether.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

29 South won't let you down! The Cobb salad is fantastic. I love the addition of the fried green tomatoes with goat cheese. The Lobster mac & cheese is always a hit too. You can't go wrong with the roasted veggie wrap either. Come to think of it I have never had less than DELICIOUS at 29 South!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We actually enjoyed eating here so much that we came back for dinner a second time during our vacation in Fernandina Beach. The first time we ate here I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had the fried chicken. Both were delicious. In fact, one of the things I loved about the shrimp and grits was that there were both shrimp and fried shrimp in it. I have never seen that before and it was fantastic. We would also highly recommend the antipasto as an appetizer. Here again, the antipasto was made with something we have never seen on it before - a poached egg! Delicious!!! Both times we were there we had the same waitress, Tammy, and she was personable, efficient and very helpful in our decisions on what to order. We would highly recommend this restaurant. If the weather cooperates, you can also sit outside.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed a delightful dinner with fresh food and a relaxed atmosphere. We started with the short stack fried green tomatoes which are stuffed with goat cheese and topped with a red pepper jelly..wow were they delicious. I also had the chicken corn chowder made with corn so fresh it was amazing.My husband had the pork chop which is served on macaroni and cheese, and I had the Cobb salad which was topped with pulled pork and served with cornbread and deviled eggs. We did not have any room for dessert, but the ones we saw delivered to other tables looked like a meal in themselves!! There was also a nice wine list which offered a good selection of wines by the glass. A lovely dining experience .