“Excellent Old City Charm”
Review of 29 South Eats

29 South Eats
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ash
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Local style food from area farms when possible. The weather was good so we enjoyed the outside dining area. Portions were large so it was tough saving room for desert. They are, however, worth holding back a little because they are wonderfull & different.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had lunch on porch, with our two large dogs. We shared a Waygu burger & crab cake sandwich, with salad & frys. The burger was ordered medium rare. it was served on the rare side of medium rare, but given the quality of the meat this was not a problem. I considered asking for mustard, happily I didn't, it would have mask the wonderful flavor of the Waygu beef. The crab cake was also excellent. The sides were above average. The only improvement I would recommend would be to use reverse osmosis water for the iced tea, it was very cloudy. Service was very good.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Excellent falafel burger and French fries made from real potatoes, delicious lobster mac and cheese. The dessert was enormous – a chocolate soufflé with about 6 scoops of pecan icecream – it was shared between the two of us and we were full for the rest of the day! We highly recommend.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is such a charming little place in the Historic Downtown Fernandina. We had tried to eat here before on what we thought was an "off" time in February and had no luck - it was booked! Tried again last week and barely got a table so make reservations!

Everything we ordered was very delightful but very small so I would suggest ordering one appetizer per person (we normally order one app for two people) and we loved being able to sit out on the front patio so make sure to request it if you like to be outside/people watch :-)

Overall we did enjoy our food and the atmosphere but for the price/portion size I wouldn't hurry back myself. If your researching between a few restaurant choices - for the price I prefer Espania (again make reservations).

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is averae. I havent asked if they would allow my shih tzus on their patio. The wait staff has always been friendly. Overall its a nice addition to downtown.