“Came back a second time!”

Cedar River Seafood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
West Virginia
“Came back a second time!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had fried seafood both times and thought the food was really good. The breading was light without much seasoning so worked well with tartar and cocktail sauce. The service was okay--first time we had to finally grab a waitress--but when the food came it was hot, fresh, and reasonably priced,

• Visited February 2014

“Great food but needs a good cleaning ”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We are at Cedar River on a Thursday night in December. The service was fast and friendly. We ordered an all you can eat clams and/ or peanut shrimp. It came with 2 sides. Within a few minutes we had our meal in front of us. It was a huge serving. And this was all you can eat? No way was I or my husband able to eat all of the first plate. It was very good.
The restaurant however needs a good cleaning. At first glance it was just looking dated in decor. But if you look closely, the place was dirty, dusty. A good few hours of a scrub down of booths, dividers between booths, rugs could all use help. Although the food was great, the atmosphere is lacking. We had no interest in returning during our stay at Amelia Island.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Good fried shrimp”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I grew up from a shrimping family and this is one of the few places my family and I will go for seafood. Not too pricey, good food, servers can be very busy but they are good. We go here a lot. Chicken platter is good as well. Deviled crabs are ok nothing exciting by no means. I usually always get the shrimp fried or grilled/blackened.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great food but rude and unprofessional staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Im not a big seafood fan but do go when friends and family want good fried seafood. As for someone who orders different then everyone its nice to taste food that does not have a seafood smell or taste to it. The food here as always been good. Not sure if its local seafood or something brought in frozen from Sysco but has always tasted, smelled and looked delicious. My only downfall at this place is the unprofessional staff. They will argue with each other in the kitchen (loud enough I can hear at my table) and let it flow out onto the dinning room floor. The last time we were there it seemed to be the worse, to the point others at my table mentioned that this was the loudest they ever heard the arguments. When I asked one of the servers if everything was alright of if they were about to "throw down" right here in the dinning room, she replied "No. We are just picking on each other". I told her that it sounded like arguing and we as guests didn't need to be hearing that kind of stuff. She then rolled her eyes and walked away.
I'm glad when I paid that I was able to give our server my tip personally, and not let any of the staff who was "picking" on each other dip into that tip pool.
Now I work in the food service field and can be critical of some things but many things I do just let slide. But the rudeness and volume of the argument was a bit too much this time. If two employees have a disagreement or even want to have some "picking on each other fun", it should NEVER be able to be heard on the dinning room floor. Take it to the walk-in cooler, outside on break, management office, or just keep the tone low enough so your customers can't hear.
Not sure when we will go back, and we will since they do have a great tasting food, but just don't let the loud arguing or "picking on each other" ruin your experience.

• Visited November 2013
SouthGa
“No Frills - Just Good Seafood and Plenty of It.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Cedar River is a small, regional chain of no frills seafood restaurants in south Georgia and north Florida. We've eaten at several locations, and this one always pleases. We rarely eat in - usually take out to the house or condo we're renting, and, as usual, this take-out experience was a good one. Portions are large and freshly prepared - this time we had grouper and shrimp and it was very good, particularly for take-out. This is a good option for eating on Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach - always busy!

• Visited October 2013