“Close to beach”

Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a king room facing the ocean on the second floor. We could see the ocean and overlooked "main beach" a lovely public park. It was just a short walk to the beach. The room was your average motel room. There was hot breakfast. As other reviewers have mentioned the pool is extremely small. I usually like to swim laps but that wouldn't work well here Overall it filled the bill for an overnight stay while traveling elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed Friday July 19th when I first arrived it was a little early. I understood that check in wasn't until 4pm so no big deal. The lady at front desk was rude, when I first showed up. lets say I think it was 1pm she told me she could try to get me in at 3 so I came back. 2pm almost 3 I am there and she then tells me no I won't get you in until 4 which is very reasonable considering it is your check in time. The way she talked to me her attitude was very unnecessary I was being understanding but she was still giving me attitude. There was another lady up there I believe housekeeper with the different uniform who was very pleasant. She was very persistent and came to me anytime I needed help during my entire stay. I complimented her. The breakfast was terrific. Patsy loves her job you can tell. I hope to be staying again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We added a beach day to our recent cruise and found this hotel. The rooms were spacious and nice, it is uber close walking distance to beach. The breakfast was standard complimentary, nothing special. The front desk staff was lacking in service. When we checked in the girl was more interested in playing on her phone with some guy standing at the desk than helping us. Same was true for the girl we encountered the next morning. We did have a plesant helpful xchange with the girl in the evening who recommended a restaurant for us. The carpet in the hall is just gross!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoannH906
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient. We had a room that faced the ocean and we could actually see the water. It was an easy walk to the beach. Little to no traffic. For some reason, we were given a handicapped accessible room so it was much bigger than I was expecting. The ladies that were running the complimentary breakfast were very friendly and helpful. The price to stay was lesser than other places we have stayed on the island. The pool is very small. Luckily, we went swimming when there was no one else in the pool so it didn't seem as small. I had stayed in a Comfort Inn in April and for some reason, both that hotel and this hotel had terrible WiFi signal unless you were on the first floor or near the pool. However, if I had to stay here again or not get to stay at the beach, I would choose this hotel. Very convenient to Ft Clinch and Downtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

At the last minute we decided to drive up to Fernandina beach for some R & R. We stayed here two nights. Choice Hotels never fail me. I called them as we were driving up. They had one king room available. Using my AAA. were able to get a reduced rate plus I was able to get more points with my Choice card. We had a nice view of the beach from our room. Everything thing was perfect. Easy check in and out. The breakfast hostess was pleasant and helpful. The front desk even gave us a discount card to use at different places. House keeping was excellent. Yes we will be going back. There is much to see and do there in Fernandina.

1  Thank amdfla
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at check-in at 4:35 p.m. (check-in was listed as 4:00 p.m.) Our room was not ready. The young woman at the front desk said she would juggle some things around and put us in a different room. We got in the elevator and when we got off on our floor discovered there was no air conditioning in the hallway (it's July so very hot). When we got to our room at first glance it was ok (well worn but appeared clean). We unpacked our clothes and then went in the bathroom to find it had not been cleaned properly. There was a used bar of soap in the shower as well as hair in the tub and sink. The commode had some sort of greasy film on it (ick). We cleaned it up ourselves but decided to mention it at the front desk. The front desk clerk was very nice and said it would be taken care of the next morning. On our second day (upon our arrival back from the beach) we found our bathroom to have been cleaned but it was apparent that the rest of the room had not. Again we went back to the front desk where the gentleman was very nice. He said the AC system for the hallways was waiting on a part to come in before it could be fixed and he said they were having some housekeeping staff changes but would make sure our room was cleaned properly on the third day and it was. My husband travels extensively and is a Diamond Status Member with Choice Priveleges. He was not acknowledged as a Diamond Member nor was he offered any upgrades that normally come with it. Our bed was very comfortable and the linens were in pretty good condition. We opted not to eat at the breakfast bar (which is included) but it looked to be pretty standard hotel lobby self-service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel because we waited too long to book a condo for the 4th. That being said, it is a little better than your average 2 1/2 star room. The room was clean, linens were fresh, and it was indeed ocean view. The beach was about 250 yards from the hotel, but it actually may be easier to drive if you have a lot if gear. Super close to downtown and good dining, and the staff was excellent.

1  Thank raquelaque
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island? Share your experiences!