“It will do” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Georgia
“It will do”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient. We had a room that faced the ocean and we could actually see the water. It was an easy walk to the beach. Little to no traffic. For some reason, we were given a handicapped accessible room so it was much bigger than I was expecting. The ladies that were running the complimentary breakfast were very friendly and helpful. The price to stay was lesser than other places we have stayed on the island. The pool is very small. Luckily, we went swimming when there was no one else in the pool so it didn't seem as small. I had stayed in a Comfort Inn in April and for some reason, both that hotel and this hotel had terrible WiFi signal unless you were on the first floor or near the pool. However, if I had to stay here again or not get to stay at the beach, I would choose this hotel. Very convenient to Ft Clinch and Downtown.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

At the last minute we decided to drive up to Fernandina beach for some R & R. We stayed here two nights. Choice Hotels never fail me. I called them as we were driving up. They had one king room available. Using my AAA. were able to get a reduced rate plus I was able to get more points with my Choice card. We had a nice view of the beach from our room. Everything thing was perfect. Easy check in and out. The breakfast hostess was pleasant and helpful. The front desk even gave us a discount card to use at different places. House keeping was excellent. Yes we will be going back. There is much to see and do there in Fernandina.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank amdfla
Babylon, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at check-in at 4:35 p.m. (check-in was listed as 4:00 p.m.) Our room was not ready. The young woman at the front desk said she would juggle some things around and put us in a different room. We got in the elevator and when we got off on our floor discovered there was no air conditioning in the hallway (it's July so very hot). When we got to our room at first glance it was ok (well worn but appeared clean). We unpacked our clothes and then went in the bathroom to find it had not been cleaned properly. There was a used bar of soap in the shower as well as hair in the tub and sink. The commode had some sort of greasy film on it (ick). We cleaned it up ourselves but decided to mention it at the front desk. The front desk clerk was very nice and said it would be taken care of the next morning. On our second day (upon our arrival back from the beach) we found our bathroom to have been cleaned but it was apparent that the rest of the room had not. Again we went back to the front desk where the gentleman was very nice. He said the AC system for the hallways was waiting on a part to come in before it could be fixed and he said they were having some housekeeping staff changes but would make sure our room was cleaned properly on the third day and it was. My husband travels extensively and is a Diamond Status Member with Choice Priveleges. He was not acknowledged as a Diamond Member nor was he offered any upgrades that normally come with it. Our bed was very comfortable and the linens were in pretty good condition. We opted not to eat at the breakfast bar (which is included) but it looked to be pretty standard hotel lobby self-service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Quitman, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel because we waited too long to book a condo for the 4th. That being said, it is a little better than your average 2 1/2 star room. The room was clean, linens were fresh, and it was indeed ocean view. The beach was about 250 yards from the hotel, but it actually may be easier to drive if you have a lot if gear. Super close to downtown and good dining, and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank raquelaque
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent several nights at the Comfort Suites and loved it. Everything wasn't perfect but it was perfect for us. Though the hotel was full, we never heard noises from other rooms, the hallway, or street. Housekeeping seemed to be short-staffed and our room wasn't cleaned every day but everything we requested (towels, etc) were promptly delivered. Breakfast buffet was good. Pool was clean and quite refreshing. I liked it because it was private and partly shaded. But the highlight of this hotel is the bed. Our room had the most incredible king-size bed I've ever slept in. I slept 14-15 hours the first night or two we were there. I'd been sick for a week before we left home and the rest was exactly what I needed. The bed was perfectly made with a good selection of pillows and the A/C was nearby and kept the room at a good temp. I fell into bed at night and enjoyed every second of sleep I got. I'd definitely stay here again. I do have one suggestion for management. Please put some hooks for bathrobes in the room or bathroom. There wasn't a place near the bath to hang-up clothes or robes.

Room Tip: I liked being able to look out our window and seeing the beach. Make sure you let them know if you w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our 3-day stay was overall quite good. Every one of the staff were helpful, courteous, and friendly. Room was clean, linens fresh, beds very comfy, great a/c & water pressure. Yes, the hallways on 3rd floor were warm, but it won't keep us from coming back. Pool was clean, a bit small, but still very refreshing. As stated in other reviews, the location is GREAT.

The only issue we had was that we specifically asked to be on the 3rd floor because there are no pets allowed there. Turns out the people in the room next to us had 2 dogs. It was obvious they did it "on the sly" to save a few bucks. I mentioned it to the staff the first morning, and they said it would be addressed. The next morning, dogs were yapping, so I mentioned it again. I was told that the staff "called" them and that if there were any problems to let them know. I guess the staff probably handled it as "diplomatically" as they could, but it still made me the bad guy and put the burden on me to continue to report them. The third morning, same thing... yapping dogs. This time I asked to speak to the manager. He apologized and comped my bill 10% for the inconvenience. I do appreciate that, but I'd have appreciated it more if they'd moved the rule-breakers to the 1st floor on the first day. I'll probably be less accommodating next time, though.

Oh well... in spite of our doggie dilemma, we will probably stay there again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay. Would echo many of the other comments - great location, plenty of space in the rooms, some carpets need cleaning, and the woman who manages the breakfast buffet is incredible.

We found staff, however, to be inconsistent. We were checked in by a young lady who was not remotely friendly, and in fact rather rude. (Interestingly, we did not see her at the hotel the rest of the trip but did see her being rude to another customer at her second job at Dairy Queen). The two other front desk staff we interacted with were fantastic. They were very knowledgeable about the area and always willing to give recommendations.

We also has some issues with housekeeping. On one day they never came at all, and on other days only half of the room was cleaned (one bed made but not the other).

Overall I would return to this hotel because of location and price, and would hope to get more consistent service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,350 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,362 reviews
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#11 of 11 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island? Share your experiences!