Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$225
$179
Residence Inn
$119
$89
Seaside Amelia Inn(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$176
$229
$189
Amelia Hotel at the Beach(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Hotels.com
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort(Fernandina Beach)
$454
$399
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge(Fernandina Beach)
$285
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
$798
$499
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Surf Beach Motel(Fernandina Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
Travelocity
All reviewsocean viewgas station next doorfort clinch state parkmain beachbreakfast attendantfront desk clerkroom was cleanconvenience storeamelia islandsandy bottomsfirst floorhotel is locatedfree breakfastyogurthistoric downtownshort drivejosie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel because we waited too long to book a condo for the 4th. That being said, it is a little better than your average 2 1/2 star room. The room was clean, linens were fresh, and it was indeed ocean view. The beach was about 250 yards from the hotel, but it actually may be easier to drive if you have a lot if gear. Super close to downtown and good dining, and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank raquelaque
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent several nights at the Comfort Suites and loved it. Everything wasn't perfect but it was perfect for us. Though the hotel was full, we never heard noises from other rooms, the hallway, or street. Housekeeping seemed to be short-staffed and our room wasn't cleaned every day but everything we requested (towels, etc) were promptly delivered. Breakfast buffet was good. Pool was clean and quite refreshing. I liked it because it was private and partly shaded. But the highlight of this hotel is the bed. Our room had the most incredible king-size bed I've ever slept in. I slept 14-15 hours the first night or two we were there. I'd been sick for a week before we left home and the rest was exactly what I needed. The bed was perfectly made with a good selection of pillows and the A/C was nearby and kept the room at a good temp. I fell into bed at night and enjoyed every second of sleep I got. I'd definitely stay here again. I do have one suggestion for management. Please put some hooks for bathrobes in the room or bathroom. There wasn't a place near the bath to hang-up clothes or robes.

Room Tip: I liked being able to look out our window and seeing the beach. Make sure you let them know if you want an east-facing room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our 3-day stay was overall quite good. Every one of the staff were helpful, courteous, and friendly. Room was clean, linens fresh, beds very comfy, great a/c & water pressure. Yes, the hallways on 3rd floor were warm, but it won't keep us from coming back. Pool was clean, a bit small, but still very refreshing. As stated in other reviews, the location is GREAT.

The only issue we had was that we specifically asked to be on the 3rd floor because there are no pets allowed there. Turns out the people in the room next to us had 2 dogs. It was obvious they did it "on the sly" to save a few bucks. I mentioned it to the staff the first morning, and they said it would be addressed. The next morning, dogs were yapping, so I mentioned it again. I was told that the staff "called" them and that if there were any problems to let them know. I guess the staff probably handled it as "diplomatically" as they could, but it still made me the bad guy and put the burden on me to continue to report them. The third morning, same thing... yapping dogs. This time I asked to speak to the manager. He apologized and comped my bill 10% for the inconvenience. I do appreciate that, but I'd have appreciated it more if they'd moved the rule-breakers to the 1st floor on the first day. I'll probably be less accommodating next time, though.

Oh well... in spite of our doggie dilemma, we will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay. Would echo many of the other comments - great location, plenty of space in the rooms, some carpets need cleaning, and the woman who manages the breakfast buffet is incredible.

We found staff, however, to be inconsistent. We were checked in by a young lady who was not remotely friendly, and in fact rather rude. (Interestingly, we did not see her at the hotel the rest of the trip but did see her being rude to another customer at her second job at Dairy Queen). The two other front desk staff we interacted with were fantastic. They were very knowledgeable about the area and always willing to give recommendations.

We also has some issues with housekeeping. On one day they never came at all, and on other days only half of the room was cleaned (one bed made but not the other).

Overall I would return to this hotel because of location and price, and would hope to get more consistent service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gberns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel was just what we were looking for when spending a weekend in Fernandina Beach. The location was close to all the areas we were visiting - beach, Ft. Clinch (right next door!), downtown Centre Street, and the marina. Our King room was very spacious and clean and included a microwave and refrigerator. The on-line rate was terrific for the location and size of room.

With the good, comes the bad. I've never stayed at a hotel where there is no air circulating in the halls. This hotel has one vent in the long hallway and therefore it was dreadfully hot when walking from the elevator to our room. After coming in from a full day in the sun you want to feel the cold A/C right away - the lobby area was cool, but step off the elevator to your floor and there is a sharp rise in temperature. Maybe things were better on the lower floor, but the 3rd floor was like a sweatbox in the hallway.

One other issue was the parking lot. It is quite small, so coming back later in the evening posed problems with finding a space. Something to be aware of since there is no alternate parking close by.

Overall, hotel was fine and I would stay again due to the location, but there are some areas they could improve upon to make the guests more comfortable.

Room Tip: 3rd floor west rooms have views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple