“It was OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Sugar Valley, Georgia
“It was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family and I visited the Crab Trap for the first time on last trip to the island. My son in law had the pasta which he said was very goood, and my daughter had the casserole which I thought was ok. I had the blue crab soup which was not to bad, but a little overpriced as it was mostly broth and butter, and my husband had the seafood platter.The food on the platter was ok, but I've had better fried seafood there on the island. It wasn't very busy, but the service was slow and we had to ask for refills when we got them. Honestly, we probably won't go back.

• Visited April 2014

Butler, Tennessee
“Good , but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Service was slow, especially the drink service--one was so late ,sent it back .Food arrived w/o a long wait but finding server was hard.
Had the seafood for two , really was not enough for two full meals but it was good and the variety was pretty good.
Not one of the better seafood places on the island for our trip

• Visited April 2014
Houston
“Locally harvested shrimp (not farm raised)!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

YUM! Great stop for lunch or dinner. If you like a great shrimp dinner or lunch, this is the place to go! We had lightly breaded shrimp, coleslaw, hush puppies and cheese grits. Small, intimate place in the historic district.

Visited April 2014
Florida
“Good Local Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Immediate liked the atmosphere as we were seated in the downstairs dinning room next to the old bar as we prepared to order our lunch. Our waitress was very friendly and personable yet forgetful. It took over ten minutes to get a draft beer, she forgot the requested hot sauce and brought the wrong salad dressing. All the while she seemed undeterred. We started with the crab soup which was made in a similar style to Lobster Stew I was familiar with in Maine. The broth is thin but flavorful with a goodly amount of butter mixed with crab- Recommended. Our salad was a nice mixture of mostly spring greens with dressing served on the side. This was a somewhat small offering but at least it was not the terrible iceberg offerings often found in places like this. My order of fried oysters contained a reasonable number of oysters although I felt they were a little under-cooked- not by much but the crust was more pale than golden brown. The oysters were tasty but again a few were not cooked enough for my tastes. All in all however, we were happy with our lunch and would have rated it 3.5 if possible. We would eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fernandina Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy hour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This place has the best happy hour on the island, the drinks are delicious & the bartenders are super friendly. Jessica gets my drink started when I walk in, which I really appreciate! Their appetizers are really good, & if you ask, they can do most of the dishes grilled instead of fried. It's a good place with great views & an excellent staff

1 Thank SmithBowman